Clarity

View Only

Estimate At Completion (EAC) in OOTB Storyboard to include Projected Transactions

• 1.  Estimate At Completion (EAC) in OOTB Storyboard to include Projected Transactions

Posted Sep 20, 2021 10:54 AM
    Projects with non-labor costs included in their budget are not being included in the Estimate at Completion (EAC) calculation on the OOTB Storyboard report. How do I fix this?

It looks like the EAC on the Storyboard is reporting ACWP+ETC which is the Actual cost of work performed (essentially all actuals both labor and non-labor) plus estimate to complete (which I think is just labor).

What appears to be missing from the EAC calculation is non-labor planned costs that are not yet actuals.

Example:
    I plan to pay $50k to the vendor in December. That is recorded as a non-labor cost item on the budget and shows up in the budget total.

However, it doesn't appear to be included in the EAC as it's not yet paid so not in the ACWP, and it's not a labor item so not in the ETC.

As a result, my EAC looks like I'm going to finish my project $50K under budget.