Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  When using the Excel Add-In I am unable to import User Stories and associate them with a Portfolio Item

Posted Dec 11, 2015 06:22 PM
    When using the Excel Add-In I am having difficulty loading User Stories and associating them with Team Features.  In my Portfolio Item structure I have Program (PGMxxxx), Project (PRJxxxx), Feature (FEAxxxx), and Team Feature (TFxxxx).
    I successfully loaded Features with Project as parent, and Team Features with Feature as parent.  Now I need to import User Stories with Team Feature as parent.
    the 'Team Feature' field is not a permitted field for upload.  When I enter a Team Feature (TFxxxx) in the Parent field I get a validation error.  I have watched the Excel Add-In video and it clearly shows how to add User Stories with another User Story as Parent.  It does not cover how the original User Stories (which should have a higher-level parent) were added.  

• 2.  Re: When using the Excel Add-In I am unable to import User Stories and associate them with a Portfolio Item
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 11, 2015 06:38 PM
    Well, figured this out after another couple of attempts.  To identify a Portfolio Item (Program, Project, Feature, Team Feature) as Parent of a User Story you must use the PortfolioItem field.

• 3.  Re: When using the Excel Add-In I am unable to import User Stories and associate them with a Portfolio Item

Posted Apr 10, 2019 04:33 PM

Hi,

I have exported the hierarcy-export from one project, I need to use the same to import to another project

it should create feature-> user stories-> tasks as it was in first project.

Can you please help