Agile Requirements Designer

View Only
  • 1.  depth filtering for exporting the test cases containing waterfall subflows

Posted Jan 15, 2018 05:53 PM

How can easily manage the test cases export from path explorer with cascading subflows?
    I want to be able to easily exclude the subflows steps in the test case generated. Then, store them in different Stored Path Type according its level of granularity  (unit test, system test, uat test). Finally to export the generated paths to HP ALM.

Thanks
    Cyrille

• 2.  Re: depth filtering for exporting the test cases containing waterfall subflows
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 17, 2018 12:42 PM

Filtering steps in general is a great tool, selecting by specific subflow depths unfortunately isn't available as a step filter, but I have raised it as an enhancement request since I think it's a good idea.

I have come up with a couple of potential workarounds, depending on exactly what you want to do

When you want to filter out all subflow steps:

When you export to ALM, there is an option "Export subflow steps" - if this is not selected, the subflow steps will be ignored for any test.

General:

We can abuse the 'People and roles' functionality of individual flows, and set the 'people' to different level identifiers, then we can filter our steps on them. 

To change the people and roles settings of a particular flow, go to: Manage->Properties->People & Roles

To filter our test steps on the People & Roles, go to path explorer, generate some test cases, and open up the step filter dialog- then add a filter of Creator:Person. Using different filters like this with And/Ors and setting the people and roles differently for different subflows will allow us to control the depth of steps displayed.

You can save (store) filters, and when you export tests with filters active those steps won't appear in ALM.

• 3.  Re: depth filtering for exporting the test cases containing waterfall subflows

Posted Jan 18, 2018 04:10 AM

Thank you Benjamin for your reply.

In the meantime, I've completed further investigations and I found other workarounds that could fit with my need.

1. Use the various filters: Application, Symbol Type, Subflow Reference, Specific Item at different places such as in the model canvas, path explorer optimization or path exporting pane.
    2. The most appropriate could be to tick off Apply Decision Tables in the Path Construction Settings window as displayed below.

Cyrille