Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Is there a way to view all unused actions in an application?

Posted Jun 19, 2015 04:50 PM

I'm wanting to clean up an application that I just finished, there were a few actions that I created during design but never ended up using and I want to delete them before I proceed.  Even a SQL query would work that I could use to check against the database and make a list of the actions that I want to delete.  I'm just hoping not to have to go through each action and check the "FInd Usages" if I can prevent it.

• 2.  Re: Is there a way to view all unused actions in an application?

Posted Jun 20, 2015 03:02 AM

no - there is no standard way. you have to go through the list and delete action by action. If the action is in use, it will tell you in the popup and show where it is used. If it is not used, you just need to confirm the deletion. So no need to first use the "find usage" and then "delete action". But still, yes, action by action.

• 3.  Re: Is there a way to view all unused actions in an application?

Posted Jun 21, 2015 11:44 AM

This is not exactly what you are asking for, but it may simplify finding the unused actions. If you export the application, the go to import it, there is a button that will display all the used actions. You can use that list to compare against all the actions you have defined to find the unused actions.

• 4.  Re: Is there a way to view all unused actions in an application?

Posted Jun 22, 2015 02:20 PM

Raymond, I appreciate the info.  That's not exactly what I was looking for but certainly gets me a lot closer to my end goal.  This at least gives me a list that I can reference.  Do you know of a way to export a listing (preferably txt or csv) of all actions from an application?  I'm thinking that if I compare the listing of used actions to the listing of all actions then it may give me the exact listing that I desire.

• 5.  Re: Is there a way to view all unused actions in an application?

Posted Jun 24, 2015 08:27 AM

It may be possible to get the list of all actions for an application using a SQL query, but I do not know what that query is. I don't believe the UI can display that info. The slow way is to open each action folder in the Components tab in ASAP and manually see if the action is in the used list.