Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Can I connect us1.rallydev.com from rally custom apps

Posted Jul 02, 2019 05:58 PM
    Edited by Balaji Dommaraju Jul 02, 2019 06:10 PM
    Hi Team, 

I am trying to consume rally web services with API key from custom apps(HTML) and building app to post and retrieve the user stories.

When I use rally1.rallydev.com by authenticating with API key it is not accepting asking user name and password as popup in custom app, then I tried using us1.rallydev.com by authenticating with same API key it is working fine and user story is created.

https://us1.rallydev.com/slm/webservice/v2.0/ 

Can any one let me know the problem on using the above domain, or is it safe to use it or is there any other way to authenticate web services by API key.

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Balaji
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Can I connect us1.rallydev.com from rally custom apps
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 02, 2019 06:25 PM
    Hi Balaji,

Earlier this morning, around 10am EST we had a short outage for rally1.rallydev.com. It threw a 502 bad gateway error. It was reported in our status page: http://status.rallydev.com/ . It didn't take very long, however during that time us1.rallydev.com was available and worked fine, while rally1.rallydev.com did not. 

It sounds as if you may have tried your code during that outage. If that's the case then this would explain the behavior you're describing.

If you still are having problems now where rally1.rallydev.com isn't working for you, then please let us know.

Thank you,
    Sagi

• 3.  RE: Can I connect us1.rallydev.com from rally custom apps

Posted Jul 03, 2019 07:38 PM
    Edited by Balaji Dommaraju Jul 03, 2019 11:07 PM
    Hey Sagi, Thanks for quick reply. I think I made you confusion, just rephrasing my question.

I was not talking about access,  I am concerned about using us1.rallydev.com host instead of rally1.rallydev.com which is not allowing me to authenticate with service id from custom html.
    Is there any security concerns on using us1.rallydev.com.

Regards
    Balaji D

• 4.  RE: Can I connect us1.rallydev.com from rally custom apps

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 05, 2019 11:48 AM
    Hi Balaji,

As far as I know there aren't any authentication differences between us1.rallydev.com and rally1.rallydev.com . The only difference is that rally1 is utilizing Cloudflare to enhance scalability and performance. There isn't added security requirements.

In my previous reply I intended to ask if this is a persisting problem for you or perhaps happened just one time. I asked this question since earlier that same day you reported this, we happened to have a Cloudflare problem that make rally1 unavailable while us1 was available. I was thinking perhaps you experienced this during that time. If you can clarify for us if this is a continuous problem for you - I'll appreciate, but it sounds like it is.

If indeed it is still a problem then my next questions will be:
    - Are you using an Api-Key?
    - Did you or can you try creating a different username with a separate api-key and also try (with both us1 and rally1). That will be helpful to know if the problem is just with your original api-key or with any other.

If all of this isn't helpful and if this still persists even with additional usernames and api-keys then I'll suggest you open a support case to allow us investigate it. Support may probably need to work closely with you and ask you to provide details of the username and times you tried to track your incoming requests.

Sagi

• 5.  RE: Can I connect us1.rallydev.com from rally custom apps

Posted Jul 05, 2019 01:23 PM
    Edited by Balaji Dommaraju Jul 05, 2019 01:24 PM
    Hi Sagi, I got it. I am encountering that problem continuously in custom app build by ajax, java script to post the content.

Thanks for update I am not getting same problem when I using us1.rallydev.com , I am ultimately concerned about security I got the answer from your post as it is only for Cloudflare to enhance scalability and performance

Even I tried with multiple API keys no luck with rally1.rallydev.com so I changed it to us1.rallydev.com then it started working for me.

Thanks

• 6.  RE: Can I connect us1.rallydev.com from rally custom apps

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 05, 2019 01:52 PM
    Thanks Balaji for elaborating.

I think it will require a back-end troubleshoot to learn more on your issue, so my recommendation will be to open a Support case.

Sagi

• 7.  RE: Can I connect us1.rallydev.com from rally custom apps

Posted Jul 05, 2019 01:56 PM
    Thanks Sagi.

Balaji