Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

FAQs - Discussion thread

• 1.  FAQs - Discussion thread

Posted Jan 18, 2010 08:36 AM
    Hello.  After a bit of discussion last week with MikeThibault, I have created a FAQ thread;  2297925  Can we discuss this thread here please (rather than in the FAQ thread itself).  The FAQ is very much a "work in progress" - I intended to add various NSQL / SQL tricks as I remember them, but if anyone else has any good FAQsthen coulld they post them HERE and I'll add them to the other thread over time.   It'd be helpful if you could follow the same "style" as in teh FAQ threadto save me having to reformat everything!  Comments / criticism / additions welcome!  David MortonCapgemini.

EDIT : Updated with corrected link June2010

• 2.  Re: FAQs - Discussion thread

Posted Jan 18, 2010 11:23 AM
    Thanks Dave.Excellent effort.    Apparently you did not like the idea of  Document Storage: Best practices collection - stickies - collaboration    and that can now be removed and the FAQ made sticky.  Martti K. Message Edited by another_martink on 18-01-2010 11:26 PM [left]

• 3.  Re: FAQs - Discussion thread

Posted Jan 18, 2010 10:56 PM
    ^ yeah, sorry I guess that was trying to solve the same issue!   The FAQ thread came about from the conversation we were having in this thread;  2297771    

• 4.  Re: FAQs - Discussion thread

Posted Jan 20, 2010 05:37 AM
    Dave,  Good Effort and useful one......  cheers,sundar

• 5.  Re: FAQs - Discussion thread

Posted Jan 21, 2010 04:04 AM
    Excellent! just needs to be a sticky now. :smileyhappy:

• 6.  RE: FAQs - Discussion thread

Posted Jun 18, 2010 05:44 AM
    June18th : OK - I have just corrected the links in the FAQ thread and added a couple of other 'faqs'. B)

Note to CA guys, I attached the "Gel.zip" file (which had been posted to the old board) to the thread (since I personally found it really useful) - if CA have a problem with that please remove it / let me know :O

• 7.  RE: FAQs - Discussion thread

Posted May 12, 2011 04:54 AM
    [Update]

I just updated the "[color=#0CB302]Green Books[color]" section of the FAQ - theres a useful Security settings greenbook from CA in there now.

Dave.

• 8.  RE: FAQs - Discussion thread

Posted May 12, 2011 05:53 PM
    Thanks Dave!

Chris

• 9.  RE: FAQs - Discussion thread

Posted Jun 24, 2011 01:33 AM
    [Update]

Added Topic : [color=#ff0000]Clarity System Maintenance / Health Checks[color]

Just to link to that annoying "Announcement" thread that has been hanging around for ages at the top of the message boards; honestly these CA super-users with their elevated board privileges creating Urgent / Announcement threads instead of normal threads like the rest of us, what are they up to? cool)

Dave.

• 10.  RE: FAQs - Discussion thread

Posted Jul 26, 2012 01:27 PM
    [Recent Updates]

July '12 - added a link to the ZIP file of all the CAWorld2011 presentations (uploaded by Jeff to the community documents a while ago, but I had missed it! :*)

27thJuly'12 - added v13 links to undocumented pages and new LOG FILE link;
    in v13 the link [font=Courier New][color=#ff7070]http://{server}/niku/nu#action:security.logs[color][font] is new and rather interesting :vader:

• 11.  RE: FAQs - Discussion thread

Posted Jul 27, 2012 08:34 AM
    Re: http://{server}/niku/nu#action:security.logs

Whilst it (conditionally) exists, I would encourage the continued use of the logs access through the CSA instead. Accessing it on a non-Tomcat environment will just result in an error instead.

• 12.  RE: FAQs - Discussion thread

Posted Jul 27, 2012 10:16 AM
    Noted!

Thanks Nick.

• 13.  RE: FAQs - Discussion thread

Posted Oct 18, 2012 08:55 AM
    Update : 18thOctober'12 - added some documentation links (which were posted in the FAQ itself completely against my express request NOT TO DO THAT (just kidding :tongue))
    and the GEL over SSL question.

• 14.  RE: FAQs - Discussion thread

Posted Jun 29, 2010 09:11 AM
    [color=#000000]Hi Dave,
    I very much like your FAQ list, it made for some high value browsing material rather than having to go trawling for 'little gems'.

In reference to the 'hidden pages' section particularly, I wondered does anyone know of a way to get the list of currently logged in users - it seems like there should be something for this? Thanks for your help.

Regards
    Max.

[color]

• 15.  RE: FAQs - Discussion thread

Posted Nov 15, 2010 12:00 PM

MaxPemberton wrote:

[color=#000000] I wondered does anyone know of a way to get the list of currently logged in users - it seems like there should be something for this? Thanks for your help.

Regards
    Max.

[color]
    SELECT CS.ID, SR.USER_ID,CSU.USER_NAME, SR.FULL_NAME, SR.UNIQUE_NAME, CS.CREATED_DATE
    FROM SRM_RESOURCES SR,
    CMN_SESSIONS CS,
    CMN_SEC_USERS CSU 
    WHERE SR.USER_ID = CSU.ID AND 
    SR.USER_ID=CS.USER_ID
    ORDER BY CS.CREATED_DATE DESC , UNIQUE_NAME
    Here ya go.

Keri

• 16.  RE: FAQs - Discussion thread

Posted Nov 19, 2010 02:47 PM
    Thanks! - sorry for not saying so sooner, I forgot to check in on this thread til just now - I'll go and try it!
    Regards
    Max