DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  run the upload_running.pl script manualy

Posted Jul 07, 2017 08:52 AM

I am trying to create a script for a "upload running config", I have a lot of problems, and I am almost sure that the script is right, and the device has any problem or the command they gave me is wrong. I actived the degug in NCM, but the information is not clear. Is there any way to run the upload_running.pl script manualy to see all the process of this script?

• 2.  Re: run the upload_running.pl script manualy

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 09, 2017 11:25 PM

Hi Susana,

Have you tried running the script (upload_running.pl) directly from the command line of the SpectroSERVER? So long as your perl installation is correctly bathed, then it should run and execute the same way as it would if launched within Spectrum NCM.

• 3.  Re: run the upload_running.pl script manualy

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2017 03:08 AM

NCM debug is to debug other processes, e.g. diff process etc., for certain communication modes only. If you are using your custom Perl script that won't help. In case of using Perl script what SpectroSERVER (via SRAdmin) does is to invoke the Perl script in the background on SpectroSERVER machine. When SpectroSERVER invokes the script it gives parameters that are needed by the script. To debug the script you need to run the script manually with its correct parameters and make sure it runs and does the job before importing it into Spectrum. Below is the way you should run the script.

upload_running.pl <device IP> <contentFile> <user> <pass> <enable_pass> <login_timeout_in_seconds>

• 4.  Re: run the upload_running.pl script manualy

Posted Jul 10, 2017 03:21 AM

Yes, this is exactly that I mean, but in this command, I don´t find where refer to the script where I have all the commands, because the "contentFile" parameter is about the configuration to upload, isn´t it?

upload_running.pl <deviceIP> <contentFile> <user> <pass> <enable_pass> <login_timeout_in_seconds><upload_timeout_in_seconds>

how can I pass my upload script in this command?

• 5.  Re: run the upload_running.pl script manualy
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 12, 2017 02:55 PM

Before running the script manually you have to create the content file. Your script normally should merge the uploaded content file. So, the content file contains only the modification you want to upload to the device (not the entire configuration).

Once you have the content file then you can specify the filename as <contentFile> value when you run the script manually.

I would suggest you test against a lab device not a production device firstly and verify if the upload script works.

• 6.  Re: run the upload_running.pl script manualy

Posted Jul 14, 2017 08:53 AM

I modified a interface description, like you described the content file it created would be only with a new interface description,correct? But I read this contect  the new interface description and the rest of configuration too.