DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Sending an email to multiple recipients through emailgtw

Posted Feb 28, 2012 08:41 PM

Hi all,

I want to send an email to multiple recipients through emailgtw. I deployed emailgtw probe and created a profile comprising of multiple recipients separated by comma. I also configured a NAS auto operator profile which matches all alarms of critical and major severity and in the action, i typed EMAIL and in recipients list, I specified the name of the profile I created in emailgtw probe.

However what I have experienced is that there different emails specified for different recipients but not a single email with all the recipients.

I wanted to specify the name of emailgtw profile instead of all the email addresses in the recipients list in NAS auto operator profile. The reason for this is by using emailgtw probe, I can ensure that all the email recipients information are at one place.

Please help.

Regards,

Amit Saxena

• 2.  Re: Sending an email to multiple recipients through emailgtw

Posted Feb 28, 2012 10:57 PM

Could you use an email server based distribution group? What about specifying the multiple email addresses in the NAS profile?

• 3.  Re: Sending an email to multiple recipients through emailgtw

Posted Feb 28, 2012 11:08 PM

So do some recipients not receive some of the alarms?

• 4.  Re: Sending an email to multiple recipients through emailgtw

Posted Feb 29, 2012 10:10 AM

Hi Bryan,

Yes, I can use a DL. However it needs to be setup at the exchange level and hence there are lots of processes and approvals in place. I was looking for a quick solution. Also, I don't want to specify email addresses in NAS auto operator instead would like to be dependent on emailgtw for recipients information.

Hi Keith,

The issue is that every recipient gets a different email whereas I want a single email for all the recipients. 

Regards,

Amit Saxena

• 5.  Re: Sending an email to multiple recipients through emailgtw

Posted Feb 29, 2012 06:12 PM

So if I understand correctly, everyone receives all of the alarms, but they are not all listed in the "To" field of a single email message? Is there a reason that matters?

If the emailgtw splits the list of recipients and sends the same alarm in multiple messages for some reason, I imagine you either have to live with that or maintain the mailing list outside the emailgtw probe.

• 6.  Re: Sending an email to multiple recipients through emailgtw

Posted Feb 29, 2012 06:24 PM

Hi Keith,

Yes, that's exactly what's happening. The reason for the same is that I would like to notify set of people whenever a critical or major alarm is received in Nimsoft. One option is to have a DL and use that in emailgtw probe, the other option would be to specify all the email addresses in the EMAIL field in the auto operator (though I haven't checked that behavior).

Regards,

Amit Saxena

• 7.  Re: Sending an email to multiple recipients through emailgtw

Posted Feb 29, 2012 06:37 PM

amit_saxena wrote:

The reason for the same is that I would like to notify set of people whenever a critical or major alarm is received in Nimsoft.

But you said they are getting notified about critical and major alarms, so what is the problem?

• 8.  Re: Sending an email to multiple recipients through emailgtw

Posted Feb 29, 2012 06:43 PM

Hi Keith,

Yes they are getting alerted via email for Critical and Major alarms. However there are as many number of emails as there are number of recipients. What we would prefer is just a single email with all the recipients in To field of the email.

The difference is more on the process front.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Amit Saxena

• 9.  Re: Sending an email to multiple recipients through emailgtw
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 29, 2012 06:49 PM

Try the Group Recipients option. I found it in the probe help.

• 10.  Re: Sending an email to multiple recipients through emailgtw

Posted Feb 29, 2012 08:34 PM

Hi Keith,

Thanks, that worked as desired.

Regards,

Amit Saxena