DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Call for Voting: Ideation Has Been Updated

Posted Sep 30, 2015 11:42 AM

APM Community:

Hopefully you've seen notifications of some important and long-overdue updates to our APM Ideation system.  Ideation is the place where you can submit and vote on ideas and enhancement requests for the CA APM product.  We now have a good collection of ideas listed as "WISH LIST" meaning that we're waiting on your votes to see which ideas come to the top for possible inclusion in our roadmap.  The link below should take you to the list (there's 4 pages) of wish-list items.  Please peruse the list and vote on your favorites.  That will provide important feedback to the product management team as to what's important to our community members.

/community/ca-apm/content?filterID=contentstatus%5Bpublished%5D~objecttype~objecttype%5Bidea%5D~ideaStage%5B6%5D

Obviously we can't accommodate every request, so if you see or have an idea that's important, please chat it up on the community and encourage others to vote for it as well.  That will help us distinguish ideas that are good from those that are better or best.

Please note that Ideation is NOT the place to submit bugs/defects.  Those should be handled directly with CA Support.

Thanks!

Chris Kline

• 2.  Re: Call for Voting: Ideation Has Been Updated

Posted Sep 30, 2015 11:46 AM

Now that we've groomed the list you can see that we also have a good list of your requests that are CURRENTLY PLANNED on our roadmap.  See those items at the link below (using the CURRENTLY PLANNED) as the idea stage.

/community/ca-apm/content?filterID=contentstatus%5Bpublished%5D~objecttype~objecttype%5Bidea%5D~ideaStage%5B4%5D

• 3.  Re: Call for Voting: Ideation Has Been Updated

Posted Sep 30, 2015 12:42 PM

Thank you I do appreciate it.

I think this is probably the best location for the following idea: do you think you and the Product Managers could organize a "special & private (NDA?)" session at CA World with the the folks who contributed to these 'currently planned|being reviewed' posts so we can discuss|clarify|negotiate** further what is needed as a group? Obviously not everyone will make it to Vegas, but I suspect many are.

** there are many posts where it is said "we are changing this" and while I look forward to it we also need tactical solutions to survive until then. I'd sugest we categorize these posts into topics such as:

- enterprise manager adminstration and configuration

- logging for audit and all the activities known to impact performance

- SmartStor tooling to manage the historical metrics

- alerting

- failover

- team center / module configuration/template

- agent management and configuration

- jmx support (websphere pmi are being replaced)

• 4.  Re: Call for Voting: Ideation Has Been Updated

Posted Sep 30, 2015 02:28 PM

FANTASTIC! Chris, Thank you - to you and the entire PM team for bringing this update to the community!   Happy Dance !

• 5.  Re: Call for Voting: Ideation Has Been Updated

Posted Oct 02, 2015 11:05 AM

i wish: New JMX Integration/Framework for Java Agent this gets wish-listed so at least people can vote on it.