Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  User impersonation for tasks executed via AE Java Application Interface

Posted Nov 22, 2016 04:16 AM
    We have developed a couple of applications that connect to the Automation Engine via the Java Application Interface. These apps maintain connection pools for connections to each AE system, using a system user account with high privileges in the AE systems. For some operations (e.g., executing objects), it is desirable that the tasks be started as a user other than this administrative user. We would like to find a way to execute objects in the target AE system as a particular user without having to log out and log back in again. In other words, we want to be able to keep the connection pools active, and to switch to another user only for certain operations like executing tasks. The ExecuteObject API class appears to offer no mechanism for user impersonation or user switching. Does anyone know a way to do what we want?

• 2.  User impersonation for tasks executed via AE Java Application Interface

Posted Nov 25, 2016 03:18 PM
    I opened PMPER-1782 for this. Drop a line to Automic Product Management if you’d like to voice your support for this enhancement request.

• 3.  User impersonation for tasks executed via AE Java Application Interface

Posted Nov 25, 2016 03:31 PM
    Just one workaround came to my mind, what about using the CALL API - here you can specify the user and start whatever you want.

Honestly, YES, its a workaround.....

• 4.  User impersonation for tasks executed via AE Java Application Interface
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 21, 2017 07:11 AM

I submitted a new idea for this:

User impersonation

If you like the idea, please vote for it.

• 5.  RE: User impersonation for tasks executed via AE Java Application Interface

Posted Apr 03, 2023 06:51 AM
    Edited by Michael A. Lowry Apr 03, 2023 06:51 AM

Broadcom deleted the idea.

• 6.  User impersonation for tasks executed via AE Java Application Interface

Posted Jun 30, 2017 03:23 AM

The idea has been accepted for voting.

• 7.  User impersonation for tasks executed via AE Java Application Interface

Posted Jun 30, 2017 04:21 AM
    supported.