Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Secure Proxy Server Administrative credentails ?

Posted Oct 18, 2013 12:06 AM
    Secure Proxy Server r12.5
    Policy server r12.5

I have Installed the SPS r12.5 and configured the Siteminder policy objects (Domain,user directories, Policy and Rules) before logging to SPS.

After installation of SPS I logged in with one of the user ID from the user store and I got the below error.

Error:
    Exception User might not have required permissions to get group information

So my question is what would be the Administrative user credential for SPS ? How would we define it?

• 2.  RE: Secure Proxy Server Administrative credentails ?

Posted Oct 21, 2013 06:12 PM
    Hi All,

Any ideas here for his one?

Thanks!
    Chris

lakshmankumar wrote:

Secure Proxy Server r12.5
    Policy server r12.5

I have Installed the SPS r12.5 and configured the Siteminder policy objects (Domain,user directories, Policy and Rules) before logging to SPS.

After installation of SPS I logged in with one of the user ID from the user store and I got the below error.

Error:

So my question is what would be the Administrative user credential for SPS ? How would we define it?

• 3.  RE: Secure Proxy Server Administrative credentails ?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 22, 2013 02:52 AM
    Hi,

You need to protect the SPS admin UI and you should have configured the domain, auth scheme, policy, user directory.
    The steps to protect the SPS admin UI can be found from
    CA SiteMinder Secure Proxy Server Administration Guide Release 12.5 -> Chapter 2: Install, Upgrade, and Configure the SPS -> Protect the Administrative User Interface

The user that can login to SPS admin UI is from the user that you configure in policy.
    If you have configured user1 in policy, the credentials od user1 is what you need to login to the SPS admin UI.

• 4.  RE: Secure Proxy Server Administrative credentails ?

Posted Oct 22, 2013 01:59 PM
    Hi Thanks for your reply.
    Based on your reply if I configure the policy to point to a user container. Then SPS admin user would be all user under that container am I right?

I tried configuring the policy with container and also to specific user as well. And I could able to login into SPS admin UI with a user (which i have specified in the policy), but it is throwing this error

Error:

So what this error actually means? Is that because the user is not an admin user?

• 5.  RE: Secure Proxy Server Administrative credentails ?

Posted Oct 23, 2013 12:27 AM
    The message is triggered as SPS is not able to find policy store objects required for SPS group actions. The group configuration is a new functionality introduced with R12.5 CR1 PS release. Group configuration lets you perform a central configuration of multiple SPS hosts configured to a Policy Server at a time.

The message is more like a warning rather than an error. If you do not have plans to use the group configuration and the error is not causing login problem, I believe the message can be safely ignored.

Best regards,
    Kelly