DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Question on sending alarms TO SCOM

Posted Aug 20, 2010 04:11 PM

I have a strange prospect who wants to run SCOM as their "manager of managers" so would like to know if we have done any implementations of sending Nimsoft Alarms TO SCOM. From what I can see through Google searches SCOM can accept SNMP traps but I was unable to find out if there was an executable (or SCOM API call) that could be called to send the alarm details. Does anyone know if this is possibel and could point me to some documentation?

Thanks

Ray

• 2.  Re: Question on sending alarms TO SCOM

Posted Aug 20, 2010 05:13 PM

Hi Ray

Remko has built a custom probe for sending events into SCOM (and also to take events from SCOM).

I will search for it and upload it to this forum

Rgs

Anjay

• 3.  Re: Question on sending alarms TO SCOM

Posted Aug 20, 2010 05:21 PM

Apart from a handful of  3rd-party connectors, SCOM doesn't accept connections from remote systems it only allows for the forwarding of alert data to a remote system.

SCOM cannot accept new monitoring data to be directly inserted from another system.

They have somethin called a Universal Connector but even this is uni-directional SCOM>Remote System.

• 4.  Re: Question on sending alarms TO SCOM

Posted Aug 20, 2010 06:45 PM

From experience I've seen SCOM accept SNMP Traps from Nimsoft and am attaching the latest MIB build for you to work with on this.

Also, because SCOM's backend is just MS SQL we could probably get creative using the ADOGTW probe to dump our notifications into SCOM, if that isn't an option a custom approach could be take too.

Dustin

• 5.  Re: Question on sending alarms TO SCOM

Posted Oct 25, 2017 03:44 AM

Seven year old thread
    What is best practise today sending alarms to SCOM?