AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Does one knows the possibility to extract all the extended calendar(s) there can be to a file?

Posted Nov 10, 2016 09:34 AM

I would like to have a 'decent and clear' overview on how our EXT calendars are defined by means of a flat or excel file. This to check upon overlapping calendars. Does one have clue?

• 2.  Re: Does one knows the possibility to extract all the extended calendar(s) there can be to a file?

Posted Nov 10, 2016 09:37 AM

autosys?

of course

autocal_asc -E ALL.cal -e ALL 

• 3.  Re: Does one knows the possibility to extract all the extended calendar(s) there can be to a file?

Posted Nov 10, 2016 10:23 AM

Autosys: elementary!
    Taught there would be another way to have it extracted.
    Guess I will need to deal with the extract command by autocal_asc.
    Many thanks.

• 4.  Re: Does one knows the possibility to extract all the extended calendar(s) there can be to a file?

Posted Nov 10, 2016 09:48 AM

Check the autocal_asc man page for more details.

• 5.  Re: Does one knows the possibility to extract all the extended calendar(s) there can be to a file?

Posted Nov 10, 2016 10:23 AM

Already aware of tha autocal_asc command and its params.
    Taught there would be another way to extract.
    Anyway, may thanks for the reply.

• 6.  Re: Does one knows the possibility to extract all the extended calendar(s) there can be to a file?

Posted Nov 10, 2016 12:05 PM

I am confused then because autocal finally does it very well. just what were you hoping to do ? 

• 7.  Re: Does one knows the possibility to extract all the extended calendar(s) there can be to a file?

Posted Nov 14, 2016 09:36 AM

Nothing to be confused about.
    I taught there would be a more 'readable' output of the autocal_asc command.
    For instance: all definitions next to each other on one line per calendar. Now it is all line per line.
    Would benefit when uploaded in an excel. More filter options.
    But no worries. Solved now.
    Many thanks for your concern.

• 8.  Re: Does one knows the possibility to extract all the extended calendar(s) there can be to a file?

Posted Nov 15, 2016 12:21 PM

I think it's very readable wrote code to parse it without issue. 

glad you got your answer