Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Hide Change Requests link (OOTB)

Posted May 27, 2011 03:39 PM
    Hi,
    Has anyone tried/know a way to hiding the change requests link on the Risk/Issues/Changes page?
    What I am looking for is, the users should not be able to see the change requests link when they go this tab on the project page. By default, when you click on this tab, on the page which comes up, risks is the first link, Issues is the second and change requests the last one. We dont want them to see this last link of Change Requests as we will be creating a custom sub-object to meet the requirements.
    The above cannot be achieved by security rights as there is only one permission for risk/issues/changes.

If you know a way of doing this, please let me know.

Thanks,
    JT

• 2.  RE: Hide Change Requests link (OOTB)

Posted May 30, 2011 01:47 AM
    The the project level Risk,issues,change request comes in the same package.
    If you remove the view rights for these non of these will appear at the project.
    I think want to hide only CR's and not risk/issues.

Project - Risk, Issue, Change Request - Create/Edit Allows user to create and edit risks, issues, and changes for a project instance.
    Project - Risk, Issue, Change Request - Delete Allows user to delete risks, issues, and changes for a project or program instance on which they are a staffed.
    Project - Risk, Issue, Change Request - View Allows user to view risks, issues, and changes for a project instance.

• 3.  RE: Hide Change Requests link (OOTB)

Posted May 30, 2011 02:04 AM
    Hi,

You can hide the link of 'Change Requests' by doing a customisation (Not supported by CA Support and not upgrade proof).

You can try changing the following file (I have not tested it though)

$CLARITY_HOME$\META-INF\itl\vxsl\rim\projectPageTabset_IssuesRisks.xsl

and comment out the following part

<action id="itl.changeList" type="url" actionId="itl.changeList">
    <label value="Change Requests" xml:lang="en" />
    <data id="id" value="{/data/id/@value}" />
    <data id="ui.page.space" value="{/data/header/page/@space}" />
    </action>

This should get rid of the Change Request sub-tab.

You would have to remove the button 'Create Change Request' (another customisation Not supported by CA Support) by changing the file
    $CLARITY_HOME$\META-INF\itl\vxsl\rim\riskIssueProperties.xsl

and commenting out the section

<xsl:when test="$objectCode='change'">
    <title value="Create Change Request" xml:lang="en" />
    </xsl:when>

P.S. You will have to change the files in all the Application servers you may be using.

Rgds,
    Akhil

• 4.  RE: Hide Change Requests link (OOTB)

Posted May 30, 2011 02:22 AM
    Please make sure that you flush the caches and restart the apps after makin' the above said changes.

Regards
    NJ

• 5.  RE: Hide Change Requests link (OOTB)

Posted May 31, 2011 09:44 AM
    Thanks much..will try and let you know if it works or not. I know it is not supported by CA Support but we have other customizations similar to this and will be taking care of it while upgrades and patch installs.

-JT

• 6.  RE: Hide Change Requests link (OOTB)

Posted Jun 01, 2011 06:44 AM
    Hi Akhil,
    That's a good point you have shared here.
    But I assume the requirement is to remove the link for certain projects and not all the project.
    The recommended solution will remove the link for all the project across the system/partition.

• 7.  RE: Hide Change Requests link (OOTB)

Posted Jun 01, 2011 10:33 PM
    Hi Mansriva,

My understanding was that the requirement is to get rid of the ootb Change request and use a custom sub-object to meet the requirement.
    whatever I have proposed will get rid of the link/buttons globally in the system. It will not work on a individual project basis.

Rgds,
    Akhil