Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Unable to delete attachments in custom attribute in clarity On demand 14.4 version

• 1.  Unable to delete attachments in custom attribute in clarity On demand 14.4 version

Posted Aug 24, 2016 06:36 AM

Hi Team,

Hope you are doing well:) We have clarity On Demand  14.4 version Resource is able to upload(attach) document against custom attribute with his own login but same resource is not able to delete attachment at custom attribute with his own clarity login. When tried to delete attachment, gives error: Unauthorized You are not authorized to view page. If you are sure you have access, try logging in again or contact system administrator. Whereas clarity admin is able to delete these attachments. Gave all concerned possible rights to user but still same error persists. Please revert if you find any workaround on this issue

Thanks,

Atul Joshi

• 2.  Re: Unable to delete attachments in custom attribute in clarity On demand 14.4 version

Posted Aug 24, 2016 09:47 AM

But I'm facing this issue. So does it mean that in clarity On Demand version 14.4 everyone is able to upload/remove documents(attachments)?

Thanks,

Atul

• 3.  Re: Unable to delete attachments in custom attribute in clarity On demand 14.4 version

Posted Sep 09, 2016 11:37 PM

I just created a Custom Attribute on the risk object for attachments in the CA PPM 14.4 Sandbox environment. I could as the administrator delete the attachment. But as a non-admin resource, I got an error when I tried to delete:

ErrorERRORError 401 - Unauthorized. You are not authorized to view the page. If you are sure you have access, try logging in again or contact your system administrator.

I created a new risk where I had a non-admin account as the risk owner, and could not delete the attachment either.

I would recommend opening a ticket with CA

• 4.  Re: Unable to delete attachments in custom attribute in clarity On demand 14.4 version

Posted Sep 09, 2016 11:38 PM

If you would like information as to what I did in the Sandbox please let me know.

Mike

• 5.  Re: Unable to delete attachments in custom attribute in clarity On demand 14.4 version

Posted Sep 07, 2016 04:05 PM

Hi Atul-

This behavior seems unexpected as the user is able to upload the attachment; it is normally expected he could access the page again. If you are still having this issue please open a support ticket so we can take a look at this with you.

• 6.  Re: Unable to delete attachments in custom attribute in clarity On demand 14.4 version

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 16, 2016 05:07 AM

Hello,

Can you please check adding the right "Object Administration" and try again?

Thanks.

• 7.  Re: Unable to delete attachments in custom attribute in clarity On demand 14.4 version

Posted Nov 17, 2016 04:50 AM

Hello,

I run into the same issue, but with 15.1 (idea object, the idea manager can add files, but no longer remove them).

Adding the Object Administration right to the user is helful but will make, from a license perpective,  this transforms the users from "Viewer" into "Studio Developer".

Is there another (viewer) right for this or can this be treated as a bug?

Regards,

Sergiu

• 8.  Re: Unable to delete attachments in custom attribute in clarity On demand 14.4 version

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 29, 2016 07:00 AM

This has been reported as the internal case CLRT-80953 and Sustaining Engineering is reviewing it.

Best regards

• 9.  Re: Unable to delete attachments in custom attribute in clarity On demand 14.4 version

Posted Jul 14, 2017 03:21 AM

Hi,

We are also facing same issue in 15.2 version. Is it a bug with Clarity 15.2? If any one has solution to the problem other then adding "Object Administration" right, please le me know.

Regards

Ritesh

• 10.  Re: Unable to delete attachments in custom attribute in clarity On demand 14.4 version

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 17, 2017 03:52 AM

This has been fixed in 15.3 and backported to 15.1.0.6 and 15.2.0.2. If you are not using patch 15.2 patch 2 (or later), please install the patch.

Regards

• 11.  Re: Unable to delete attachments in custom attribute in clarity On demand 14.4 version

Posted Sep 06, 2017 07:20 AM

Will there be a patch for 14.4 also?

Thank you,

Mateja

• 12.  Re: Unable to delete attachments in custom attribute in clarity On demand 14.4 version

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2017 07:42 AM

I am sorry Mateja, we are no longer patching 14.x 

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 13.  Re: Unable to delete attachments in custom attribute in clarity On demand 14.4 version

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2017 07:44 AM

mtuscic,

No further patches are being done for 14.4

This is fixed for 15.1.0.6, 15.2.0.2 and 15.3