I want to know what could be the best approach for migrating and upgrading CA ITCM so to reduce the downtime
That really depends on several factors:
· What does your architecture look like (EM plus multiple DMs, single DM, remote vs local MDBs)
· Is your architecture still suitable for your environment?
· What version ITCM are you upgrading from/to?
o Direct upgrade may not be supported, you may have to perform a 2-step upgrade or a migration.
· Is your EM/DM hardware still sufficient?
o May need to build new EM/DMs and migrate
· Are the OS and SQL Server versions on your EM/DMs still supported (both by MS and by the current ITCM version)?
o May be easier to migrate than perform a complex multiple OS, SQL and ITCM upgrade
CA Services will be happy to assist with your upgrade/migration of course, but if you wish to do it yourselves CA Support can help you evaluate your current environment and decide on an appropriate strategy.
Steve McCormick, ITIL
Principal Services Consultant
Thank you so much Steve, I will provide you my current architecture details and it would be great if you can help me