DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Spectrum Device export to ArcSight Asset models

Posted Sep 28, 2017 02:35 PM

Is there a way that the Spectrum device db can be exported directly into ArcSight Asset Models?

• 2.  Re: Spectrum Device export to ArcSight Asset models

Posted Sep 28, 2017 03:42 PM

I've done a lot of integration between systems and it really depends what info you want out of Spectrum and how the receiving application processes the data. You can pretty much get any data you want out of Spectrum using the REST API. It depends mainly on how Arcsight imports the inventory. Typically I would write an 'export' script which gets the information from Spectrum. Then depending on how the other application consumes it I would write another script on that system which imports the output of the first script. if you can do it in one script it might be better, but sometimes you have to dump the file on a share or sftp it somewhere for the next system to pick up.

• 3.  Re: Spectrum Device export to ArcSight Asset models

Posted Sep 28, 2017 03:53 PM

I want to be able to do an export from an "All Devices" search as a CSV to ArcSight ESM database.  I am really no expert at working with the REST API though.

• 4.  Re: Spectrum Device export to ArcSight Asset models

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 28, 2017 04:28 PM

Hi Mike,

As Frank mentioned, it really depends of the information and format you need.

What type of data do you want to include in the CSV file?

If you need basic information, such as the Model Name, IP Address, MAC Address, Serial Number, etc., then the Locator Search allows you to export the results table information to a CSV file by clicking the export icon (). But, this will only allow you to export the information that is displayed in the Locator result table.

You may need to add custom columns to the Locator Search Results Table to include device attributes, such as community name, that is not included in the search results out of the box. See TEC1614763 (https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1614763.html) as an example of how to add a custom column to the Locator Search.

If ArcSight supports data imports from an XML file, you may also want to look at the Modeling Gateway Toolkit (https://docops.ca.com/ca-spectrum/10-2-1/en/customizing/modeling-gateway-toolkit). Modeling Gateway allows you to export all your device models to an XML formatted file.

Thank you,

Brad