DX NetOps

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Is there a list of available action codes

• 1.  Is there a list of available action codes

Posted Jun 30, 2015 10:29 AM

I was wondering if there is a list of all the available action codes and what they do.

All I have is the list that Joe Ackley provided of some of the more frequently used action codes.  I am hoping that there is a full list somewhere.  For example, I would like to trigger an action to rediscover connections on a device or a port.  Maybe trigger a synchronize on a user.  Or possibly trigger a model name update.  So, it would be great to know what actions are out there.

Joe's list with addition from Jason Meader.

Action NameCode (Decimal)
    Function
    reconfig0x1000e (65550)reconfigure a model
    activate0x480003 (4718595)activate a watch
    deactivate0x480004 (4718596)deactivate a watch
    reconfigure apps0x210008 (2162696)reconfigure application models on Cisco and Wellfleet devices
    reload Event Disp0x100a2 (65698)update the SpectroSERVER with changes to EventDisp and AlertMap
    relearn ifAlias0x10411 (66577)rediscover any changes to the ifAlias and update X_ifAlias (post 9.4)

• 2.  Re: Is there a list of available action codes
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 01, 2015 09:42 AM

Hi Bill,

We do not have an officially published list of action codes available.  We could probably come up with a list of "user friendly" action codes but that will take some time.

For your requests --

Rediscover Connections -- Action code 0x25e0022

Synchronize user - Action code 0x10125

Reevaluate model name - Action code 0x1011f

Cheers

Jay

Please Note:  The list that was posted previously was removed due to sensitivity with the information. Action codes should not be used unless you know how to use them and what they are for so if anybody has downloaded that list, please be cautious.  Many of those codes are used for debugging purposes and can have adverse affects if used incorrectly.

• 3.  Re: Is there a list of available action codes

Posted Jul 01, 2015 10:29 AM

Thank you.  That will cover me for what I want to do.

I fully understand your statement about the risks in using the action codes.  What I will do going forward is to bounce my ideas off of support so that I don't do anything that will blow up my environment.

Last thing that I want to do is to get Mr. Ackley upset with me by breaking something mysteriously. 

• 4.  Re: Is there a list of available action codes

Posted May 30, 2017 08:05 AM

Check out $SPECROOT/SDK/include/VPAPI/CsActionCode.h

e.g.

// Action to reload EventDisp files
    , RELOAD_EVENT_DISP = 0x000100a2

• 5.  Re: Is there a list of available action codes

Posted Jul 07, 2017 04:51 AM

Is there an action code to get NCM to get the latest config of a device with a specific model handle?

Thanks,

Frank

• 6.  Re: Is there a list of available action codes

Posted Jul 07, 2017 05:03 AM

By get you mean capturing the latest version? Have you tried this one? (CAPTURE_HOST_CONFIG = 0x00821001).

• 7.  Re: Is there a list of available action codes

Posted Jul 11, 2017 07:23 AM

Many Thanks, I'll try that one!

• 8.  Re: Is there a list of available action codes

Posted Sep 11, 2017 08:11 AM

Thanks CatalinF,

I've finally managed to get some time to test this and using:

e.g.: http://OCServer:port/spectrum/restful/action/0x821001?mh=0x352d9a1

I get the response:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
    <action-response xmlns="http://www.ca.com/spectrum/restful/schema/response" error-message="Internal Error: Must add unpack for type com.aprisma.spectrum.app.util.common.CsModelHandle" error="Failure">
    <attribute id="1"></attribute>
    <attribute id="3">0</attribute>
    <attribute id="302">0</attribute>
    <attribute id="303">0</attribute>
    </action-response>

Am I supposed to hand it more than just the model handle? Do you know what these attribute ID's are for?

It does seem to get the config but would be great to know why it's throwing the 'Failure' error.

Thanks,

Frank

• 9.  Re: Is there a list of available action codes

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2018 10:33 AM

Bringing back this post from the dead.  I see the same errors as @franktonjes.  It appears that the capture is successful.  Unsure is this error mentioned above is benign.

If I feed the model handles through a shell script, I get this message as the last message which references the input file I'm using the read the model handles: Attribute 0x12f null: + for i in '`cat ${INPUT}`'. 

• 10.  Re: Is there a list of available action codes

Posted Jul 31, 2018 12:00 PM

Hi Karen,

I've just lived with the reply! My aim was to get it to get the config and it does it  It would be good to know - I suspect there are other attributes we need to send along but not sure which ones!

Regards,

Frank

• 11.  Re: Is there a list of available action codes

Posted Aug 02, 2018 03:33 AM

Just let us know also when you figure it out.