Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Can FTP agent handle SSLFTP?

Posted Sep 15, 2014 11:40 AM
    We have a couple processes to automate where we currently use an 'sslftp' utility.  We recently had this utility fail but still throw a 0 return code, so I'm going to need to tweak it some more.  One of the ideas I'm toying with is converting it into an FTP agent job.  However, I see my protocol options there are 'FTP', 'FTPS', 'FTPES', and 'SFTP'...no entry for 'SSLFTP'.  I know this is different from 'FTP' and 'SFTP', but I'm fuzzy on the other two.
    I've been trying to test this connection anyway with the FTPS and FTPES, and they're not working -- I'm either getting a 'connection refused' or a timeout -- but it's possible I'm not configuring the connection object correctly.

Has anyone else worked with SSLFTP before with an FTP agent?  If so, could you provide some pointers here?

• 2.  Can FTP agent handle SSLFTP?

Posted Sep 15, 2014 12:39 PM
    SSLFTP utility isn't a standard protocol, so it won't work with the FTP Agent. 

Searching on the Web it looks like companies are using the the generic name 'SSLFTP' for their FTP Client applications that automatically uses SSL protocols. 

If you're using the FTP Agent, you shouldn't need to use another FTP Client to use the SSL functionality.

• 3.  Can FTP agent handle SSLFTP?

Posted Sep 15, 2014 12:53 PM
    I'm not clear on what you're telling me here, Jen.  On one hand you're saying sslftp "won't work with the FTP agent", but then you say if I *am* using the FTP agent, then I "shouldn't need to use another FTP Client".
    Huh?

• 4.  Can FTP agent handle SSLFTP?
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 16, 2014 02:29 PM
    The FTP agent is essentially a FTP client. It uses the various FTP network protocols to transfer files.

SSFTP isn't a protocol, it
    s a client and performs the same functionality as the FTP Agent but only allowing for secure transfers.