Harvest

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How to backup the Oracle Database with a single command?  I am the Harvest DBA, but not the Broker (Server) Administrator.  We do NOT have an Oracle expert at this time.  A CA Instructor I talked to a month or so ago told me that is all it takes to do it.

• 1.  How to backup the Oracle Database with a single command?  I am the Harvest DBA, but not the Broker (Server) Administrator.  We do NOT have an Oracle expert at this time.  A CA Instructor I talked to a month or so ago told me that is all it takes to do it.

Posted Nov 04, 2015 11:16 AM

How to backup the Oracle Database with a single command?  I am the Harvest DBA, but not the Broker (Server) Administrator.  We do NOT have an Oracle expert at this time.  A CA Instructor I talked to a month or so ago told me that is all it takes to do it.  Thank you! Albert

• 2.  Re: How to backup the Oracle Database with a single command?  I am the Harvest DBA, but not the Broker (Server) Administrator.  We do NOT have an Oracle expert at this time.  A CA Instructor I talked to a month or so ago told me that is all it takes to do
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 16, 2015 02:53 PM

First, you should be sure to shut down your SCM Broker before backing up.

Then, you can use a standard Oracle Export Data Pump command to export the Harvest schema. 

For Oracle 11g here’s an article with an overview of how Data Pump works: https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e22490/dp_overview.htm

For information about syntax:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B28359_01/server.111/b28319/dp_export.htm

A very basic export command would look like this:

expdp systemadmin DUMPFILE=dumpfilename.dmp SCHEMAS=schemaname

where:

systemadmin = Oracle userid that has the “EXP_FULL_DATABASE” role assigned.  The “system” user would normally be used here.

dumpfilename.dmp = the name of the dump file to be created.

Schemaname = the name (userid) of the Harvest schema.

Let me know if you need more information.