DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  CA Spectrum v10 installation problem...

Posted May 01, 2017 12:37 PM

Hello All,

I am attempting perform a fresh installation Spectrum v10.0 and have run into an "Installation Problem". I am curious if anyone else has experienced this. After right clicking the Setupnt.exe and choosing "Run as Administrator" I first get a pop up stating "The installation cannot be run from this location".  If I close the pop up by clicking the "x" in the upper right hand corner I am able to click "Next" through the first couple windows. I then get a pop up stating there was a problem with the installation. I get the error when choosing the installation directory. "Exception in Launch". It states it is a "java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C: \Users\User_Admin\Documents\Spectrumv10\nt\..\scic\nt\disinst.exe" (in directory "C:\Users\User_Admin\Docuemnts\Spectrumv10\int\."): Create Process error=2, The system cannot find the specified file"

Now after reading the error I have tried to follow the path and do not see the disinst.exe file. I am a bit confused.

I am going to run down to the lab and research this some more on the hardware I am trying to install on.

Thank you for any input or advice, v/r, Ken Jefferson

• 2.  Re: CA Spectrum v10 installation problem...

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 01, 2017 04:17 PM
      |   view attached

Hi Ken,

It looks like you have the distributed package, so you need to do the install from command line.  If you want to use the GUI install, you need to download the “Windows” Install file.

Cheers

Jay

• 3.  Re: CA Spectrum v10 installation problem...

Posted May 02, 2017 12:50 PM

Thank you for the reply!

This makes sense to me know as I initially get a pop up stating "The installation cannot be run from this location".

Can anyone direct my to a document instructing how to perform a command line installation?

Thank you, Ken

• 4.  Re: CA Spectrum v10 installation problem...

• 5.  Re: CA Spectrum v10 installation problem...

Posted May 02, 2017 01:01 PM

Thank you Joseph!

Greatly appreciated....

I'll post back later to let you know how it went/goes,

Ken

• 6.  Re: CA Spectrum v10 installation problem...

Posted May 03, 2017 11:36 AM

Hello All,

So I printed out the appropriate paper work to work towards a command line installation. I was able to manually install and start the Spectrum Remote Administration service and then moved on to creating my HII and Password file. When I get to the part where I "Locate the distributed installation client, sdicnt.exe" I cannot find the executable. I am attaching a screenshot showing the contents of the tar file that the installation media extracted. As a matter of fact the SRAdmin.exe did not reside in the extracted within the files extracted from the tar file either. I ended up installing from the command line v10.2.1's SRAdmin. I was just trying to get through it.

Now I am wondering if the file I downloaded was corrupt. I  may just end up waiting to discuss with my CA contact I am working with to get software. He was out of the office the last couple days and I have been attempting to do anything possible to install what I have.

To provide a little more info here I see that the version.dat file from the v10.0 tar file states the version is "10.0.0.0.251"

I was going to upload a screenshot to show the contents of what was extracted from the tar file but it does not look like I can upload it. The contents are as follows:

i18n folder

nsm folder

nt folder

autorun.inf

distinst.version

setupnt.exe

setupnt.ini

version.dat

• 7.  Re: CA Spectrum v10 installation problem...

Posted May 03, 2017 01:08 PM

That does not look correct. You are missing the sdic directory. Possibly a bad download.

Joe

• 8.  Re: CA Spectrum v10 installation problem...

Posted May 03, 2017 01:24 PM

Thank you Joseph....