Harvest

View Only
  • 1.  I dont understand the context name.What's the use of this feature?

Posted Nov 12, 2015 07:13 AM

I use harweb to access Harvest for most of the my activities

I have been trying to understand the context name ever since we moved from harvest r7.1 to Harvest r12.5 but I am unable to.

I see we can name the context in r12.5 but how it really helps. I often hear from end-users how irritating it gets when they try to use same project and state with different context name, it always pops a dialog asking for confirmation.(duplicate context_1.gif)

My personal observation - sometimes the default context name gets stuck on a count and if we don't rename manually it keeps giving error until we logout and re-login or we remove the context history.(duplicate context_2.gif)

• 2.  Re: I dont understand the context name.What's the use of this feature?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 12, 2015 11:56 PM

Hello Balajee,

The context is checked with all previous contexts parameters. If any context matches (all the attributes of the context), a popup is thrown. This is expected behaviour.

Regarding the strucking of the context name, we have never experienced it. But i will check it creating many contexts.

Also let us know, if you have any reproducible scenario.

Thanks,

Sridhar

• 3.  Re: I dont understand the context name.What's the use of this feature?

Posted Nov 13, 2015 10:24 AM

I figured that to be an expected behavior, but I am still trying to understand its use.

It happens out of sudden, I can set up a live meeting and show when it happens but the window would be very short.

• 4.  Re: I dont understand the context name.What's the use of this feature?

Posted Nov 18, 2015 06:50 AM

Sridhar,

I have sent a video to your mail demonstrating what is going wrong