DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Spectrum 10.2.2 -UIM 8.5.1 Integration

Posted Dec 11, 2017 11:41 AM

Hi All,

Anyone have integrated Spectrum 10.2.2 with UIM 8.5.1 ,any issues with these integrations .Whether origin mapping will help to map the vmware datacenter to respective landscape ? 

• 2.  Re: Spectrum 10.2.2 -UIM 8.5.1 Integration

Posted Dec 13, 2017 11:19 AM

Any suggestions 

• 3.  Re: Spectrum 10.2.2 -UIM 8.5.1 Integration

Posted Dec 18, 2017 02:51 PM

• 4.  Re: Spectrum 10.2.2 -UIM 8.5.1 Integration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 22, 2017 01:05 AM

• 5.  Re: Spectrum 10.2.2 -UIM 8.5.1 Integration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 08, 2018 12:09 PM

While this question is open for the forum who would have done this integration, but from our side we have not heard issues or complaints on this yet. 

Thanks,

Nagesh

• 6.  Re: Spectrum 10.2.2 -UIM 8.5.1 Integration

Posted Jan 15, 2018 03:24 PM

Hello Issac08 I'm using this versions of spectrum, UIM and spectrumgtw probe 8.64

1 - The origin map for devices works fine on my production environment

2 - The alarms for origins sometimes fail (I will open a issue on support to try solve this problem), but fail only 1% of the time

3 - I have a case opened today to try figure out way I have some alarms on UIM side do not reflecting on spectrum side (This is a new behavior and I think the problem is on spectrumgtw probe or on something especific on my environment)

I have no complain about this new version and help me as you need to send my Vcenter information to especific landscape, help me to better filter the alarms, etc.

I will keep you posted about my case opened ( I ask for my support to leave the case in follow the sun and maybe Sarbdeep_Singh or Nagesh_Jaiswal can help)

Regards 

• 7.  Re: Spectrum 10.2.2 -UIM 8.5.1 Integration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 15, 2018 11:58 PM

Thanks for sharing the feedback, i am sure this will be helpful to other customers.

As you see a problem with the Alarms(mostly working but fails 1% of the time), by any chance you could able to find out the particular case when its failing

Please send out an email to me with the support case, will look into it on priority.

Regards,

Sarbdeep Singh

Spectrum Product Management.

• 8.  Re: Spectrum 10.2.2 -UIM 8.5.1 Integration

Posted Jan 16, 2018 08:57 AM

For sure Sarb.

I let you know. First I need solve other case and when I finish this one I will proceed to this fail.

But as I sayed this is a minor problem because when I got the error I do an clear on alarm and the probe route correctly and occurs for 5 alarms of 1000

Regards

• 9.  Re: Spectrum 10.2.2 -UIM 8.5.1 Integration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 16, 2018 09:43 AM

Sure ThiBorges, take your time.

• 10.  Re: Spectrum 10.2.2 -UIM 8.5.1 Integration

Posted Jan 16, 2018 11:30 AM

Hi ThiBorges ,

Alarm clearing in UIM is not getting closed even in old version of UIM (8..5.1SP1) and Spectrum (10.2.1) I think there is issue with Spectrum gateway probe.

• 11.  Re: Spectrum 10.2.2 -UIM 8.5.1 Integration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 18, 2018 09:08 AM

Would you mind sharing the support case number?

Thanks,
    Sarb

• 12.  Re: Spectrum 10.2.2 -UIM 8.5.1 Integration

Posted Feb 02, 2018 11:06 AM

Sure i will email you the details.

• 13.  Re: Spectrum 10.2.2 -UIM 8.5.1 Integration

Posted Jan 16, 2018 03:24 PM

Hi Issac08

Do you have plans to upgrade your spectrum version ?

If yes I will give you some tips after upgrade your spectrum version

1 - Apply after upgrade version the PTF_10.2.208(Ask for your local support) because when you upgrade you will lose some SNMPV3 templates (This PTF apply on spectro server)

2 - Install the new Cert_pack on Spectrum and then start your environment. After start your environment open a bash shell and Run the NewMM.pl script located on SPecroot/Install-Tools/PostInstall folder

For UIM I have this tips to you

First download the new version of EMS probe (9.03) and deploy to your environment. After deploy the probe open the RAW configuration of EMS and add this line under setup section legacy_alarm_manager_subject = legacy_alarm

Increase the XMX memory of your EMS probe (Here my XMX is configured to use 4Gb of memory).

Download the new version of spectrumgtw probe and Spectrum UIM Services and deploy it to your primary hub

Change the XMX of your spectrumgtw probe to use at least 4Gb of memory (This depends of the size of your environment)

Configure your spectrumgtw probe to use multi-tenancy mapping (If you have any questions about that I can help you or I think Sarbdeep_Singh can help also)

Why I'm talk about the upgrade !!!

Because I'm using the new versions and do not see anymore the error about alarm syncronization (I Think this error has fixed on this version)

Best Regards