Release Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Nolio KB: I got a :"Failed to run command ..invalid privatekey c:\users\adm

• 1.  Nolio KB: I got a :"Failed to run command ..invalid privatekey c:\users\adm

Posted Dec 18, 2013 04:20 PM

Nolio Official KB: I got a :"Failed to run command ..invalid privatekey c:\users\admin\private.ppk" error message while executing run command (SSH) action. What do I do?

Run command (SSH) action allow authentication using private/public key.The key format should be OpenSSH.PPK stand for putty private key and it can be convert to OpenSSH using puttygen.exe:

1.Download puttygen.exe

2.Open puttygen and select conversions --> export to OpenSSH key.

3.Select your ppk file and save it as *.ssh file.

4.Configure Run Command (SSH) to use the exported key as the private key

• 2.  Re: Nolio KB: I got a :"Failed to run command ..invalid privatekey c:\users\adm

Posted Jun 13, 2016 08:25 PM

any idea how to use these steps on on Linux system?

• 3.  Re: Nolio KB: I got a :"Failed to run command ..invalid privatekey c:\users\adm

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 13, 2016 09:44 PM

Hi,

are you trying to use these steps in an attempt to resolve your issues related  your post here: https://communities.ca.com/message/241891457?et=watches.email.thread#comment-241891457 ?

The reason I ask is because if you are then I don't *think* this would solve that problem since the action "run command line" and "run command line (ssh)" are different in the sense the key being referred to by the action "run command line (ssh)" is a key that the RA action needs to connect to the remote machine via ssh to run the command you specify. Whereas the key that scp is referring to in that post is not needed by the RA action. It is needed by the scp command. So, if this was an attempt to resolve the key issue that you described in that post then I would imagine you would need:

a. A key for the RA action to connect to the linux system that has the file you want to transfer; and

b. Another key for scp to  the file transfer.

If this is not an attempt to resolve the discussion I mention above then you can just ignore the above.    I am not personally familiar with the steps in this KB but it looks like this is based on already having a key that you need to convert. If that is the situaton you are in then it looks like puttygen is installed with the winscp package. And doing some google searches looks like:

a. There is a man for puttygen - so you could run: man puttygen

to get more info; or

b. It looks like you can run puttygen As described here: ssh - How to convert .ppk key to OpenSSH key under Linux? - Super User

regards,

gregg