Automic Continuous Delivery Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Deployment Workflow Dynamic Property

Posted Sep 25, 2020 12:29 PM
    Hi Guys, Currently I'm triying to change the Package state using the DM package state Action, keep in mind that one of the input parameters is the ID or Name of the package,
    So my question is, if the documentation says that you need to change the package state in the last action of your deployment workflow, How can I use this Action (DM Package State)? because I need the Package ID how can I obtain that value outside of the components using Dynamic Properties?

I tried to use a workflow dynamic properties but doest work, 

• 2.  RE: Deployment Workflow Dynamic Property

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 30, 2020 09:51 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi @Walter Xavier Bermudez Tamayo

​first I want to point out that ONLY Dynamic Properties defined in a Component can be used in AE-Component-workflows
    The Dynamic Property you defined in the CDA-workflow object can only be used in an expression of Component's Dynamic Property (e.g. {@workflow/myvalue} )

In order to solve your problem I would suggest to
    • create a new Component (e.g. Post-Installation) of a Custom Type where the Traceable flag is not set. This Custom Type does not exist in the system and must created by yourself or you import the attached file to create the Custom Type
    • define in that Component whatever Dynamic Properties you need. The Package name can be referenced by {@deployment_package/system/name}. The Application name by using {@application/system/name}
    • some Dynamic Properties are already available. There is not need to define them - see list below
    • Extend your Application workflow by dragging in the new Component to create a new Compoent-workflow in AE
    • wire the Component-workflows in such a way so that the workflow of the Post-Installation Component is executed after the execution of all other Component-workflows
    • Open the new Component-workflow in Process Assembly and add whatever actions you want to be executed "after" a deployment. In the PromptSet you can use the Dynamic Properties
    • Add the new Component to your Profiles
    • Add the new Component to your Deployment Packages

global Dynamic Properties
    @global/client
    @global/userDepartment
    @global/user
    @global/AePort
    @global/AeHost
    @global/AeSystemName
    @global/username
    @global/token
    @global/CallbackURL