DX NetOps

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

CA Spectrum 10.1.1 - Trouble Ticket ID row-content lost after HA move

• 1.  CA Spectrum 10.1.1 - Trouble Ticket ID row-content lost after HA move

Posted Feb 08, 2017 04:44 AM

Hi all,

we discovered following issue during move from primary to secondary SpectroServer and back.

Before shutting down primary SpectroServer Trouble Ticket ID in Alarm Content pane was correctly filled, during change to secondary SpectroServer content was completely wiped-out - same after change-back to running primary SpectroServer.

I'm not quite sure if this belongs to not 100% HA-implementation of ArchiveManager, but this constantly puts our HelpDesk in Trouble as references made during troubleshooting in Trouble Ticket ID row are lost.

Is this a know behavior?

This should be changed in further releases, as it creates a lot of "noise".

Anybody out there sharing the same issue?

Thanks

Lothar

• 2.  Re: CA Spectrum 10.1.1 - Trouble Ticket ID row-content lost after HA move
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 08, 2017 11:12 AM
      |   view attached

I would think that should be retained as part of the Alarm Synchronization functionality.  To debug this, you’ll need to add this entry to both the primary and secondary .vnmrc and then stop/restart the servers and reproduce the issue:

ftasv_debug=true

This will dump the alarm attributes at the time of alarm synchronization to the VNM.OUT and you can check the trouble ticket attribute:

Attribute: Trouble_Ticket_ID (0x12022) =

You can also check the tomcat alarm data before and after the synch (OC Administration page->Debugging->Alarm Table -> Select the alarm)

I can’t imagine there is any workaround, so you’ll probably need to open a ticket with the data.

Cheers

Jay