DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Alerts critical in hibernate state

Posted Feb 14, 2017 09:18 AM

hello

I have a question about the state of a computer that I have in hibernation state, I had read that when a model is in maintenance or hibernation mode, no events are processed for that model until the SpectroSERVER would have to make a set of successful communication attempts to the device before it could resume normal management traffic with the device

But there are generated critical alarms for the device and the model is in down state

Can someone clarify to me if the critical alerts should go away even if the model is down and is in hibernate state?

• 2.  Re: Alerts critical in hibernate state
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 14, 2017 01:11 PM

You are correct about Hibernation. By default, after a model is placed into Hibernation, if Spectrum can successfully poll the device three times consecutively, the model will automatically be taken out of Hibernation. The number of consecutive polls can be changed globally. Reference the Place Devices in Hibernation Mode section of the Spectrum documentation.

If a model is in alarm state and then put into Maintenance Mode or Hibernation, the alarm is still asserted on the model but hidden from the user by default. This is controlled by a User Preference by selecting View -> Preferences from the top level menu.

After taking the model out of Maintenance Mode or Hibernation, if the pre-existing alarm condition still exists, it will be reasserted.

Joe