CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA SDM Integration with IP Phone

Posted Apr 07, 2016 08:56 PM

Hi Expert,

Please share your idea for integration CA SDM with IP Phone.

Proposition

When employee call to helpdesk support , The IP Phone system will show telephone number of employee on IP phone software GUI.

I need to click that number and redirect to Quick User profile that user on CA SDM. This is proposition.

My idea, if i know the url for Quick User profile of user. I able to custom code on IP Phone that send URL parameter.

Has anyone ever done this solution ?

Thanks in advance,

TK

• 2.  Re: CA SDM Integration with IP Phone

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 07, 2016 09:45 PM

Hi TK,

It's definitely been done in the past. Take a look at this Green Book at around page 257. There a section on Service Desk/CTI Integration. That should give you a good place to stat.

Regards,

Gordon.

• 3.  Re: CA SDM Integration with IP Phone

Posted Apr 08, 2016 05:51 AM

Hi Gordon,

This will mostly depend of the functionality of your telephony system but this can normally be easy done.

We implemented in our organization with ASPECT/UIP but implementation is mostly the same everywhere.

Mainly you will need to have your phone software grab the userid of the analyst on the phone, then call the SDM SOAP web service to impersonate that user and receive a BOPSID.

Use that bopsid to construct your URL and have your phone software push it to the screen.

As a small tip, you may also  want to create a extra field in you cr/actlog tables and push your telephony call_id in the URL. This will allow you to link  SDM and your telephony for reporting purpose afterwards.

As mentioned by Gordon_Preston  the green book is the place to start.

/J