DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Disk Utilization Monitoring on Firewalls

Posted Sep 07, 2016 04:11 AM

Hi All,

Did anyone got  a chance to monitor Disk Utilization on any one of the Network Devices.

Out of the box it is not available in Spectrum. Any specific OID , needs to be polled to capture the same.

• 2.  Re: Disk Utilization Monitoring on Firewalls

Posted Sep 07, 2016 09:35 AM

Hi Guneet,

This would have to be done on the device side.

You could install an agent on the device to monitor the disk utilization.  SystemEDGE Agent, for example can do this.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

-Matt

• 3.  Re: Disk Utilization Monitoring on Firewalls

Posted Sep 07, 2016 09:42 AM

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the response. But as I mentioned, its a Network Device. I cannot install SysEdge agents on them.

Is there something which works through SNMP or any Specific SNMP oid which would help to evaluate the same.

• 4.  Re: Disk Utilization Monitoring on Firewalls

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 16, 2016 10:13 AM

What network devices are they? Depending on the network device will depend on the oid that's needed.  Your best bet would really be to ask the hardware vendor what mib/oid object to use...but if you post the type of devics(s) someone on the forum may be able to help.

Cheers

Jay

• 5.  Re: Disk Utilization Monitoring on Firewalls

Posted Sep 19, 2016 09:35 AM

Hi Jay,

They are  PALO ALTO Firewall Devices. There is no specific PALO ALTO Mib OID which calculates the Disk Utilization.

We were trying to  work with generic Host-Resource MIB, i.e. the generic SNMP MIB, to work out on the same.

• 6.  Re: Disk Utilization Monitoring on Firewalls

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 19, 2016 08:08 PM

Hi Guneet,

I found Palo Alto Firewall MIB files here, and downloaded Enterprise SNMP MIB 7.1, compiled PAN-COMMON-MIB using MIB Tools and found panLcDiskUsage OID. Is this disk usage metric you want to monitor? See below.

panLcDiskUsage

If it is so then you can deploy the SNMP MIB 7.1 on the device, compile PAN-COMMON-MIB using MIB Tools, map pacLcDiskUsage to an attribute and utilize SpectroWATCH to monitor the attribute.

Regards,

Widjaja.

• 7.  Re: Disk Utilization Monitoring on Firewalls

Posted Sep 21, 2016 05:32 AM

Hi Widjaja,

Yes I found the similar OID. But if we hit a SNMP_GET_NEXT request for the OID, there is no value received for it.

• 8.  Re: Disk Utilization Monitoring on Firewalls
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 22, 2016 03:09 AM

Hi Guneet,

That means the MIB 7.1 is not deployed on device side or it is not supported by the device. You should check with the device vendor.

Regards,

Widjaja.