CA Service Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Jasper Studio - Create Data Adapter for SDM

• 1.  Jasper Studio - Create Data Adapter for SDM

Posted Aug 18, 2016 11:33 AM

To create a Data Adapter after installing Jasper Studio one must do the following:

• Expand Repository Explorer and right mouse click on Data Adapter and Select Create Data Adapter.
    • Select Database JDBC Connection from the drop down list and hit Next
    • Set the 4 attributes as shown below:
      • JDBC Driver - com.ddtek.jdbc.openaccess.OpenAccessDriver
      • JDBC URL    - jdbc:openaccess://host_name_of_SDM_Server
        • Note: This is the host name of the SDM Server,  not the host name of the server hosting the MDB
      • Username      - ServiceDesk or any userid that has Read Access to the MDB
      • Password       - Password for the Username entered above

• Click on the Driver Classpath Tab and click on Add
    • Browse to the location where oajc.jar is located
      • Note: If you installed Jasper Studio on a standalone server (highly recommended) you will need to copy oajc.jar from the server that hosts Jasper Report Server to the server that is hosting Jasper Studio

• Click on Test
      • If all is good the test will return a Successful message

• 2.  Re: Jasper Studio - Create Data Adapter for SDM

Posted Aug 18, 2016 01:11 PM

Thanks for sharing this tip with the community Steve!

Jasper Studio - Create Data Adapter for SDM

• 3.  Re: Jasper Studio - Create Data Adapter for SDM

Posted Aug 19, 2016 04:26 AM

Many thanks from me also, this was a godsend.   I did spend one day trying to get the connection working.

This should be covered  in CA documentation.

• 4.  Re: Jasper Studio - Create Data Adapter for SDM

Posted Jan 04, 2017 04:13 PM

Hi SteveTroy,

I've created the Data Adapter for Service Desk in Jasper Studio as you described. However, when I try to create a new report using this Data Adapter, this error happens:

Is this a known issue? Do you know what may be causing this?

Thanks,

Diogo

• 5.  Re: Jasper Studio - Create Data Adapter for SDM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 04, 2017 04:15 PM

Do you have Service Desk 14.1.03 patch installed  on the SDM node to which you are connecting to?

_R

• 6.  Re: Jasper Studio - Create Data Adapter for SDM

Posted Jan 05, 2017 07:57 AM

Hi Raghu.Rudraraju,

No, it's 14.1.02. Isn't it compatible? Thought 14.1.03 was only for xFlow.

Thanks,

Diogo

• 7.  Re: Jasper Studio - Create Data Adapter for SDM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 05, 2017 08:00 AM

You would need the service desk portion of the patch that is in 14.1.03   You don't have to implement xflow but the Binaries for 14.1.03 give you the needed support for this.

_R

• 8.  Re: Jasper Studio - Create Data Adapter for SDM

Posted Jan 17, 2017 02:22 PM

Hi Raghu.Rudraraju,

Just installed patch 03 for 14.1, but the error for Data Adapter is still happening. Do you think I need to create a support ticket for this?

Thanks,

Diogo

• 9.  Re: Jasper Studio - Create Data Adapter for SDM

Posted Jan 17, 2017 02:26 PM

Hi Diogo,  When you say that the error for Data Adapter is still happening - can you elaborate on specifically what the error is, and where you are seeing it?  Maybe a screenshot would help a bit as well?

Also can you tell us if you are following the instructions to configure Jasper for SDM as documented here: Configure CABI JasperReports® Server r6.2.0 for CA Service Management - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies D… 

Let us know,

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 10.  Re: Jasper Studio - Create Data Adapter for SDM

Posted Jan 17, 2017 03:50 PM

Hi Jon_Israel,

You can see the error on the screenshot above (my first comment). This happens when I try to create a New Report using the Data Adapter I've just created (following the steps here). When I drag any table, the following error appears on upper part of the window:

[DataDirect][OpenAccess SDK JDBC Driver][OpenAccess SDK SQL Engine]AHD12008:O atributo OA_DEFERRABILITY mencionado pela consulta Majic SQL não foi encontrado no(s) objeto(s)  OA_FKEYS at OA_DEFERRABILITY ... AS

Which means: "OA_DEFERRABILITY attribute mentioned by Majic SQL query was not found in objects OA_FKEYS at OA_DEFERRABILITY ... AS"...

Thanks,

Diogo

• 11.  Re: Jasper Studio - Create Data Adapter for SDM

Posted Jan 17, 2017 04:01 PM

Diogo,  You should not need to create a new data adapter to create a new report in Jasper Studio.  You should be connecting jasper studio to your jasper server where the data source is already configured, and then creating a report based on that data source.  I dont think that Jasper Studio has the correct custom driver to connect to the Service Desk object layer which the one delivered with Jasper Server does.

SteveTroy would you be able to offer any in sight as to how best to go about generating new reports in jasper studio by connecting to the sdm_ds data source rather than attempting to create a new data adapter?   Unfortunately this is not documented anywhere at the moment.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 12.  Re: Jasper Studio - Create Data Adapter for SDM

Posted Jan 16, 2017 12:17 PM

Hello,

The JDBC driver you use is not present in my JDBC driver list.

Do you have any idea why?

I have tried solving this issue myself but to no avail so far. 

• 13.  Re: Jasper Studio - Create Data Adapter for SDM

Posted Jan 17, 2017 06:44 PM

OA_DEFERRABILITY attribute mentioned by Majic SQL query was not found in objects OA_FKEYS at OA_DEFERRABILITY ... AS"...  typically means that you are not running the correct odjc driver on the SDM server.

Are you sure you are running version 72 of the ODBC Driver?  Please check and let me know. I've worked on numerous cases were the driver was 60 and not 72.  

• 14.  Re: Jasper Studio - Create Data Adapter for SDM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 17, 2017 09:10 PM

The little square blocks that we're seeing next to table/column names seem to indicate that we have OAserver 6.x release on server side?  Is this an SDM upgrade from 12.x by any chance?

_R

• 15.  Re: Jasper Studio - Create Data Adapter for SDM

Posted Jan 18, 2017 08:59 AM

Hi Raghu.Rudraraju,

Thanks for your response. About the ODBC Driver, I'm afraid I can't say about the version. How can I check (and correct, fi wrong)?

About SDM, yes, it's an upgrade from 12.7 version. Is there any issue regarding it?

Thanks,

Diogo

• 16.  Re: Jasper Studio - Create Data Adapter for SDM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 18, 2017 09:28 AM

checkout this thread,  upgrading server side ODBC should help out resolve this issue I think.

https://communities.ca.com/message/241944405?commentID=241944405#comment-241944405 

• 17.  Re: Jasper Studio - Create Data Adapter for SDM

Posted Jan 18, 2017 01:51 PM

Hi Raghu.Rudraraju,

It worked like a charm! Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Diogo

• 18.  Re: Jasper Studio - Create Data Adapter for SDM

Posted Jan 17, 2017 06:47 PM

Also,  was this done

If you installed Jasper Studio on a standalone server (highly recommended) you will need to copy oajc.jar from the server that hosts Jasper Report Server to the server that is hosting Jasper Studio.  That is noted in the instructions above.

• 19.  Re: Jasper Studio - Create Data Adapter for SDM

Posted Jan 18, 2017 09:00 AM

Yeah, I did copy the oajc.jar file before creating the Data Adapter.

• 20.  Re: Jasper Studio - Create Data Adapter for SDM

Posted Mar 08, 2017 01:36 AM

Hi,

I've installed Jasper studio pro 6.3.0 . 

When I tried to create data source, there is no JDBC driver as per guide. Please help.

• 21.  Re: Jasper Studio - Create Data Adapter for SDM

Posted Mar 08, 2017 09:51 AM

The driver you need is not listed in the drop down menu.  You have to manually type 

com.ddtek.jdbc.openaccess.OpenAccessDriver 

in the JDBC Driver text box.  

• 22.  Re: Jasper Studio - Create Data Adapter for SDM

Posted Mar 09, 2017 10:04 PM

Hi,

Thanks..

I've successfully create the data adapter.

I've got the same error as diogo.nobrega when try to create new report from the data adapter.

I'll try to apply patch 14.1.03 and see what the result.

• 23.  Re: Jasper Studio - Create Data Adapter for SDM

Posted Mar 10, 2017 08:56 AM

Jasper requires 14.1.03 to be applied.   It is not certified for use on anything lower than 14.1.03. 

There are files that the CP3 patch delivers that are required for Jasper to function properly.

Let us know if you still have the issue after CP3 is applied.

Thanks,

Jon I.