DX NetOps

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Oneclick Email addresses

• 1.  Oneclick Email addresses

Posted Dec 28, 2016 03:10 PM

Anyone know how to remove obsolete email addresses from the oneClick mail facility?

• 2.  Re: Oneclick Email addresses

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 28, 2016 03:38 PM

Hi Glenn,

The email could be stored on a couple of places depending on how the emails are getting sent. If the email is sent directly from OneClick, such as right clicking on an alarm and send the email to the assigned troubleshooter, then the email is part of the troubleshooter configuration. You can launch the "Troubleshooters" dialog window by going to "Tools" -> "Utilities" -> "Troubleshooters". Locate the offending troubleshooter and delete or update the email used by that troubleshooter.

If the email is being issued via AlarmNotifier, then the email is likely contained in one of the SANM Policy Filters. You can pull up the SANM Policies in OneClick by selecting the Locator Tab in the Navigation Pane. Expand the SANM folder and run the "All Policies" search. Review the SANM Policies to find which are using the offending email address. If you have the correct access, you should be able to edit the policy filters and remove the unwanted email address. 

Let me know if this is helpful or not.

Thank you,

Brad

• 3.  Re: Oneclick Email addresses

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 29, 2016 03:00 PM

Glenn,  

Does Brad response take care of your question?

--

Rene' Cantwell

• 4.  Re: Oneclick Email addresses

Posted Jan 04, 2017 01:41 PM

Hey Guys......sorry for the delay(I did reply but it did notmake it here). That did not work for me.

• 5.  Re: Oneclick Email addresses

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 04, 2017 02:16 PM

Hi Glenn,

Looking at the screenshot you provided, I see you are sending the email directly from the OneClick console. OneClick uses the Troubleshooter list to provide a list of defined troubleshooters and email addresses. To remove an unwanted/obsolete email address from the "Select Email Address" dialog window, you must go into OneClick and delete the associated troubleshooter.

For example, I have 3 troubleshooters defined, as you can see from my screen shot:

To look at the list of troubleshooters, launch the Tools menu -> Utilities -> Troubleshooters. This will launch the "Troubleshooters" dialog window in OneClick.

From here I can select the troubleshooter that I want to delete and select the "Delete" button. For example, if I want to delete the "test User1" troubleshooter, I would select it and click delete. The "Confirm Delete" dialog window is launched. and I would select "Yes" to delete the select troubleshooter from OneClick, and then "Close" to exit out of the "Troubleshooters" dialog window.

Now when I go back into the mail option for the alarm, and select the "To" button, I now see only 2 defined troubleshooters in OneClick.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Brad

• 6.  Re: Oneclick Email addresses

Posted Jan 04, 2017 02:51 PM

Hey Brad,

I'm the only one in our trouble shooting list and now that I think about it, I believe I created/added all these email addresses over time. So it makes me wonder if I were to delete mine, would that delete all the ones I created?

Glenn

• 7.  Re: Oneclick Email addresses

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 04, 2017 04:03 PM

Hi Glenn,

That's interesting. I'm not sure where else we would read the addresses from. If deleting your troubleshooter doesn't work, which I'm not sure it will, please let me know. We may need to schedule a remote session and look at this together.

Thank you,

Brad

• 8.  Re: Oneclick Email addresses

Posted Jan 05, 2017 08:30 AM

Hey Brad,

As we suspected, I deleted the only troubleshooter entry left and the list is still there and working and it also recognizes when a user is no longer in our Groupwise address database.

Glenn

• 9.  Re: Oneclick Email addresses

Posted Jan 10, 2017 09:24 AM

Anyone else with a similar problem?

• 10.  Re: Oneclick Email addresses

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 10, 2017 10:01 AM

Hi Glenn,

Check your $SPECROOT/custom directory. Do you have any custom xml files that are populating the list of email addresses? Since you don't have any troubleshooters defined, I assume we are getting the list of email addresses from an xml file somewhere.

You may need to open a support case for this, so we can review your configuration and help determine how the list of email addresses are getting populated.

Thank you,

Brad

• 11.  Re: Oneclick Email addresses

Posted Jan 10, 2017 10:34 AM

Thanks Brad,

I'm thinking the issue is not big enough to open a case, which is why I opted to come here and ask the community.

Glenn

• 12.  Re: Oneclick Email addresses
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 10, 2017 10:34 AM

Hi Glenn,

I found out that if you type an email address in the To: field, we do store that in the User Preferences. In OneClick, go to View -> Preferences, and expand the General folder. Select the "Email Address List" and you will have the option to delete any entries in your list, or clear the list all together.

Thank you,

Brad

• 13.  Re: Oneclick Email addresses

Posted Jan 10, 2017 10:43 AM

That worked like a charm.....thanks!