DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  IPSLA Tests

Posted Sep 03, 2013 03:03 PM
    For the current NetVoyant we added a tag field in the router config so in NPC we were able to see the source and destinations of the IPSLA tests. For us to have an ip is not productive. The IP address is not in DNS and wil be painfull to know the to and from from testing. Is there a designated field that needs to be addressed in order to see the names of the source and destination of the IPSLA tests.

• 2.  RE: IPSLA Tests

Posted Sep 03, 2013 05:01 PM
    Do you mean as you deploy the IP SLA tests via the wizard in NV? As far as I know, using the names isn't an option. I usually just manually put the router source and destination names in the IP SLA test. Then again i don't push thousands of tests at the same time.

Have you considered IPSLA config via XML?

• 3.  RE: IPSLA Tests

Posted Sep 03, 2013 06:29 PM
    I'm not understanding how adding a field at the router config is changing what is showing up in NPC.
    Is this something added to the description?
    It might help us to give suggestion if the details are provided.

• 4.  RE: IPSLA Tests

Posted Sep 04, 2013 08:40 AM
    We do not deploy IPSLA tests thru NV. NV does not have the RW strings of our devices. The tag field of the IPSLA test in the router configuration is used as a variable in the NetVoyant console so the device name of the tag field shows up in the IPSLA report. Because of this we always know the source and the destination of the IPSLA tests.

• 5.  RE: IPSLA Tests

Posted Sep 04, 2013 09:00 AM
    NV uses the CISCO_RTTMON_MIB.rttMonCtrlAdminOwner OID to name each poll instance. Set the owner to whatever you want (source and/or destination FQDN) and that should show up in the name of the poll instance. Is that what you're looking for?

• 6.  RE: IPSLA Tests

Posted Sep 04, 2013 09:17 AM
    I'm a little confused. I thought this board was for the new Performance Center. So, my comments here probably won't help. I had the same issue with bad naming for ipsla tests. I exported the vendor cert and edited it, adding rttMonCtrlAdminTag, and edited the corresponding Expression field. This is the value of the tag field, when viewing show ip sla config. It also is a variable from the same Mib Stuart mentioned.

• 7.  RE: IPSLA Tests

Posted Sep 04, 2013 10:18 AM
    This category is for Performance Center, both CA PC and NPC.

• 8.  RE: [.CA Performance Center] RE: IPSLA Tests

Posted Sep 04, 2013 10:37 AM
    How do we make this work in IM?

Regards,
    Debbie

Richmond,VA 23219

Phone: 804.697.7722
    Cell: 804.240.2563
    Email: Debbie.Glover@frit.frb.org<mailto:Debbie.Glover@frit.frb.org>

From: CA Infrastructure Management Global User Community (eHealth/Spectrum/NetQoS) [mailto:CommunityAdmin@communities-mail.ca.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2013 9:17 AM
    To: mb.87772682.101703030@myca-email.ca.com
    Subject: [.CA Performance Center] RE: IPSLA Tests

I'm a little confused. I thought this board was for the new Performance Center. So, my comments here probably won't help. I had the same issue with bad naming for ipsla tests. I exported the vendor cert and edited it, adding rttMonCtrlAdminTag, and edited the corresponding Expression field. This is the value of the tag field, when viewing show ip sla config. It also is a variable from the same Mib Stuart mentioned.
    Posted by:mk9999
    --
    CA Communities Message Boards
    mb.87772682.101703030@myca-email.ca.com<mailto:mb.87772682.101703030@myca-email.ca.com>
    https://communities.ca.com

• 9.  RE: [.CA Performance Center] RE: IPSLA Tests

Posted Sep 04, 2013 11:11 AM
    I'm running Infrastructure Management and Performance Center. So you'll use REST to export the existing vendor cert. Use an editor (I used notepad++) to save it as your own.

You should look at the Power User Certification Guide, specifically, vendor cert.

The abbreviated process would be like:

Rename the Facet Type to your unique name, like replace cisco with your agency. You'll also need to edit the "DisplayName" value after the "Attribute" section of the file.

Add the new variable. I inserted the following after the first existing attribute in the file

<Attribute name="rttMonCtrlAdminTag" type="OctetString">

<Documentation />

<IsKey>false</IsKey>

<NeedsDelta>false</NeedsDelta>

<Source>1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.42.1.2.1.1.3</Source>

</Attribute>

Then toward the bottom of the file, edit the existing expression definition to something like:

<Expression destAttr="Names">rttMonCtrlAdminTag + " : " + JitterPrecisionStatsIndex</Expression>

Then you'll use the REST client to import your new file.

And then, in PC, select Aggregator / Monitoring Configuration / Metric families

select the correct Metric family, like Response Path Test Jitter. Then select Vendor Certification Priorities and move yours to the top.

I don't work for CA, I don't have any Certification training. I stumbled around with this for a while and this is my best recollection of that path. It's been working on multiple installations for a couple of months now. Read the Power cert guide.