AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How can we add RESTRICT_FORCE_STARTJOB attribute in BOX job, also I tried to add the same in cmd job but after that i cannot force_start it when it was not running, why ?

Steve Carrobis

Steve CarrobisOct 11, 2017 07:39 AM

• 1.  How can we add RESTRICT_FORCE_STARTJOB attribute in BOX job, also I tried to add the same in cmd job but after that i cannot force_start it when it was not running, why ?

Posted Oct 09, 2017 04:46 AM

How can we add RESTRICT_FORCE_STARTJOB attribute in BOX job, also I tried to add the same in cmd job but after that i cannot force_start it when it was not running, could you please help in this?

• 2.  Re: How can we add RESTRICT_FORCE_STARTJOB attribute in BOX job, also I tried to add the same in cmd job but after that i cannot force_start it when it was not running, why ?

Posted Oct 09, 2017 10:03 AM

Hi Om,

Thank you for posting your question. Could you please tell me what product this is related to, so that I may move this  question to the correct product community?

Thanks,

Elke

• 3.  Re: How can we add RESTRICT_FORCE_STARTJOB attribute in BOX job, also I tried to add the same in cmd job but after that i cannot force_start it when it was not running, why ?

Posted Oct 10, 2017 04:42 AM

Hi Elke,

Sorry I forgot that, this is related to Autosys and we are using CA workload Control center 11.3 version application.

Regards,

Om

• 4.  Re: How can we add RESTRICT_FORCE_STARTJOB attribute in BOX job, also I tried to add the same in cmd job but after that i cannot force_start it when it was not running, why ?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 10, 2017 10:51 PM

Hello Om,

RESTRICT_FORCE_STARTJOB is an WAAE instance-level setting/variable that tells the Scheduler to restrict running multiple instances of a job while the job is in STARTING, RUNNING, WAIT_REPLY (i5/OS) or SUSPENDED statuses. It affects jobs and boxes alike.

Could you please clarify how you added this variable in a cmd job? Did you use the envvars attribute? If yes, then that is not how this variable is to be set. 

If you'd want RESTRICT_FORCE_STARTJOB to be set, then append the following line to either the $AUTOUSER/autosys.sh.`hostname` profile file or to the /etc/init.d/waae_sched.$AUTOSERV script, and restart the Scheduler service (unicycle waae_sched.$AUTOSERV).

RESTRICT_FORCE_STARTJOB=1; export RESTRICT_FORCE_STARTJOB

I hope it helps.

Cheers,

Chandru

• 5.  Re: How can we add RESTRICT_FORCE_STARTJOB attribute in BOX job, also I tried to add the same in cmd job but after that i cannot force_start it when it was not running, why ?

Posted Oct 11, 2017 05:24 AM

Thank you Chandru for your response,

I have set the RESTRICT_FORCE_STARTJOB=1 to the profile attribute.

My sample Jil file :

insert_job: XXXXXXX.AUTO_CHECK job_type: cmd
    machine: XXXXXXX
    owner: omk
    max_run_alarm: 0
    alarm_if_fail: y
    avg_runtime: 90508
    date_conditions: y
    timezone: GMT
    days_of_week: su,mo,tu,we,th,fr,sa
    start_times: "09:00"
    profile: RESTRICT_FORCE_STARTJOB=1
    std_out_file: /opt/CA/WorkloadAutomationAE/logs/agent_test.out
    std_err_file: /opt/CA/WorkloadAutomationAE/logs/agent_test.err
    command: /home/scripts/om.sh

• 6.  Re: How can we add RESTRICT_FORCE_STARTJOB attribute in BOX job, also I tried to add the same in cmd job but after that i cannot force_start it when it was not running, why ?

Posted Oct 11, 2017 05:38 AM

That's incorrect use of the variable. Please see previous response for the correct implementation procedure.

Thanks & Regards,

Chandru

CA Technologies

• 7.  Re: How can we add RESTRICT_FORCE_STARTJOB attribute in BOX job, also I tried to add the same in cmd job but after that i cannot force_start it when it was not running, why ?

Posted Oct 11, 2017 07:02 AM

Okay, Thanks Chandru

• 8.  Re: How can we add RESTRICT_FORCE_STARTJOB attribute in BOX job, also I tried to add the same in cmd job but after that i cannot force_start it when it was not running, why ?

Posted Oct 11, 2017 10:03 AM

I have one question, Is this utility would work in 11.3 version?

• 9.  Re: How can we add RESTRICT_FORCE_STARTJOB attribute in BOX job, also I tried to add the same in cmd job but after that i cannot force_start it when it was not running, why ?

Posted Oct 11, 2017 10:13 AM

Correct the variable and the eem methods work in 11.3.6 SP6Cum1

Steve C.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.

• 10.  Re: How can we add RESTRICT_FORCE_STARTJOB attribute in BOX job, also I tried to add the same in cmd job but after that i cannot force_start it when it was not running, why ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 12, 2017 01:10 AM

Yes the varaiable RESTRICT_FORCE_STARTJOB works in the 11.3 version also.

• 11.  Re: How can we add RESTRICT_FORCE_STARTJOB attribute in BOX job, also I tried to add the same in cmd job but after that i cannot force_start it when it was not running, why ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 11, 2017 03:19 AM

Hi Om Knaugo,

Just want to reiterate the following.

1. The RESTRICT_FORCE_STARTJOB  is not a attribute which can be set in the Job definition

2. The RESTRICT_FORCE_STARTJOB  is an environment variable which needs to be set in a profile script of the user who starts the scheduler service. It can also be added to the $AUTOUSER/machine name scripts as mentioned above which are called into the user profile. The idea is that the environment needs to be set when the service is started.

3. The RESTRICT_FORCE_STARTJOB  is a global setting for all the jobs in the autosys instance and is not specific to a particular job.

4. The RESTRICT_FORCE_STARTJOB  prevents the jobs being force started when the previous run has not yet completed.

• 12.  Re: How can we add RESTRICT_FORCE_STARTJOB attribute in BOX job, also I tried to add the same in cmd job but after that i cannot force_start it when it was not running, why ?

Posted Oct 11, 2017 06:13 AM

Thank You very much Darryl for your prompt response. Above details will help us a lot.

• 13.  Re: How can we add RESTRICT_FORCE_STARTJOB attribute in BOX job, also I tried to add the same in cmd job but after that i cannot force_start it when it was not running, why ?

Posted Oct 11, 2017 10:28 PM

Om,

Do remember to mark the response that answered your query as correct.

Thanks,

Chandru

• 14.  Re: How can we add RESTRICT_FORCE_STARTJOB attribute in BOX job, also I tried to add the same in cmd job but after that i cannot force_start it when it was not running, why ?

Posted Oct 11, 2017 07:39 AM

use eem to restrict it at the job level per user