DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  SANM Sendmail Retry?

Posted Jun 18, 2012 12:30 PM
    I am using multiple AlarmNotifiers (each with its own policy) to send emails on filtered alarms for various global collections, I am running into an issue where an email will intermittently fail to send and I receive a SENDMAIL FAILED 550 5.7.1 in the Notifier.out log. I would like to configure SANM to resend when it receives this failed notification. I didn’t see anything in the documentation regarding retries, and when I questioned support their answer was to use a custom script. If anyone else has encountered this and has a fix or a retry script, would you please post the solution here?

Thank You!

Spectrum 9.2 H06, Windows 2003 Enterprise

• 2.  RE: SANM Sendmail Retry?

Posted Jun 18, 2012 01:09 PM
    Hi,

Yes you need to use custom script to resend the message if it fails.Alternately check if the email is looged in the Notifier.out .If it is logged here and if the mail failed then there is something which you need to check with your exchange.Instead of using custom script i would suggest you to find the root cause on why the mail processing failed.

kalyan

• 3.  RE: SANM Sendmail Retry?

Posted Jun 19, 2012 07:51 AM
    It is not a problem with exchange, after a lengthy sit down with my exchange admin we couldn't duplicate the problem, besides it's only intermittent, why would it work most of the time but intermittently fail? which brings me back to my original question, anyone know how to script Sendmail to retry when it fails?