DX NetOps

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Spectrum SSDB backup

• 1.  Spectrum SSDB backup

Posted Sep 14, 2017 12:47 PM

Hi All,

Whether Spectrum SSDB take backup of event configuration ?Hope it should .Kindly confirm.

• 2.  Re: Spectrum SSDB backup

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 14, 2017 12:51 PM
      |   view attached

Not by default.  But you can uncomment the last lines in the $SPECROOT\custom\CsScript\post_olb_script to do it:

1. Do an online save of the DDM database every Sunday.

#

1. The following is an example of the use of this script.  If you wish to

2. enable this functionality, just uncomment the following lines.

#

#day_of_week=`date +%w`

#target_day=0

#

#if

#then

1.    cd $SPECROOT/SS/DDM

#

1.    backup_dir=`dirname $ss_db_filename`

2.    ./ddm_backup $backup_dir/db_$time_string.DDMDb > $backup_dir/ddm_backup.log

3.    retval=$?

#fi

Cheers

Jay

• 3.  Re: Spectrum SSDB backup

Posted Sep 14, 2017 12:56 PM

i have edited some events code in event configuration ,how do restore it again ..

• 4.  Re: Spectrum SSDB backup

Posted Sep 14, 2017 01:01 PM

We do not keep backups of the actual EventDisp, AlertMap, Event Format, Probable Cause, SeverityMap or Event Table flat files. Only the historical data in the mysql ddmdb database.

Joe

• 5.  Re: Spectrum SSDB backup

Posted Sep 14, 2017 01:12 PM

Getting alarm tittle as "SPECTRUM SCOM CONNECTOR FAILED TO MAP ALERT" for SCOM alerts 

• 6.  Re: Spectrum SSDB backup

Posted Sep 14, 2017 12:59 PM

• 7.  Re: Spectrum SSDB backup

Posted Sep 14, 2017 01:02 PM

Thanks ,how do i restore to my old state , can we reload the events ,its a new spectrum setup

• 8.  Re: Spectrum SSDB backup

Posted Sep 14, 2017 01:14 PM

If you made changes to any of the flat files (EventDisp, AlertMap, Event Format, Probable Cause, SeverityMap or Event Table) either manually or using the Event Configuration editor, there is no undo or backup as we do not back these files up. So, you would have had to manually created a backup of these files before making the change or have another Spectrum install of the same version where you have not made any changes.

Joe

• 9.  Re: Spectrum SSDB backup

Posted Sep 14, 2017 01:18 PM

Yes i have same version of spectrum 

• 10.  Re: Spectrum SSDB backup

Posted Sep 14, 2017 01:47 PM

Thanks guys for fire response .. Reverted the changes.

• 11.  Re: Spectrum SSDB backup

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 14, 2017 01:15 PM

Hello Issaac

How many Events are you talking about to remove customization? If you are only needing to edit a few events, you can do so in Event Configuration. 

If you have modified a CA Authored Event, you should see the Author now listed as "custom". If you wish to revert this modified event back to default Authored by CA, you can "delete" the event - and have to "Save" changes for the change to take effect. As long as the event was originally authored by CA, Spectrum will revert the event back to being Authored by CA and remove the customization. 

As a quick example, I picked some random event to edit. I edited this event which default has NO alarm, and I changed to a Major alarm. Event Configuration now shows it as a "custom" event.

If I then delete the event and save changes

Spectrum reverted the event back to default, with NO alarm. 

I would also like to note, to be aware that some Events are not recommended to add customization, as it can have an adverse effect on Spectrum's Fault Isolation algorithms and potentially cause false alarms. Please see the following docs: 

Event and Alarm Customization - CA Spectrum - 10.2 and 10.2.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Spectrum Fault Isolation not suppressing or asserting alarms as expected.

Regards, 

Jay V

• 12.  Re: Spectrum SSDB backup

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 14, 2017 01:16 PM

Changes to the event configuration files are kept in the $SPECROOT/custom/Events directory. To revert back to the original, out-of-the-box Event configurations simply rename the appropriate files or delete them from the $SPECROOT/custom/Events directory. You will then need to locate the VNM model in OneClick and from the Component Detail pane - Information Tab - SpectroSERVER Control subview and click the "Update Event Configuration" button. This causes Spectrum to reload the event configuration files into memory.