DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  how do I create a reference subgroup group using api's

Posted Aug 28, 2018 09:18 AM

In CAPM version 3.5 I need to be able to create a reference group in a secondary group using API's.  I have a case open right now for the issue but not getting the response I need.  Hoping this will provide a solution.

• 2.  Re: how do I create a reference subgroup group using api's

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2018 04:23 PM

LeRoy,

I was able to accomplish using the following method:

Situation:

Current Group Tree = All Groups > all devices 

I want to create a site group called new_group under a new group called subtree_test which will reside under the all devices group.  It should ultimately look like:

All Groups > all devices > subtree_test > group_name

URL:

Note: you need to substitute %20 for spaces and %2F for / in the groupPath entries at the end:

https://pcHostname:8182/pc/center/webservice/groups/groupPath/All%20Groups%2Fall%20devices%2Fsubtree_test 

Content Type: application/xml

Authorization Type: Basic (I used the admin account)

Method: POST

Body:

<GroupTree path="/All Groups/all devices/subtree_test">
    <Group name="group_name" desc="group_description"
    inherit="true" type="site" location="North America"
    bHourID="99990" timeZone="EST"/>
    </GroupTree>

Before REST call:

After REST call:

Troy

• 3.  Re: how do I create a reference subgroup group using api's

Posted Aug 29, 2018 05:02 PM

This will create the initial group but now create a link for the group under /All Groups/subtree_list1.  If you do a copy and paste via the UI the group becomes a link / reference to the original group.  This is what I'm trying to discover the correct API structure.

• 4.  Re: how do I create a reference subgroup group using api's

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2018 07:41 PM

LeRoy,

I do not have access to my VM's at the moment to double check but when I went through the above procedure, in the .xsd for the create function, I believe it said you can only create a "User Group" and a "Site Group".  A User Group being your typical group and a Site Group being as it says.

I will double check come tomorrow morning but you can check this by going to:

https://pcHostname:8182/pc/center/rest/groups/documentation

And clicking on the .xsd link within the create function.  Check under Type if memory serves.

Troy