Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

OWB - Gantt bars always "grey" color

• 1.  OWB - Gantt bars always "grey" color

Posted Aug 25, 2014 10:53 AM

Hi,

There is 1 specific environment where all project (task) in OWB -> Gantt bars are shown in GREY no matter what the task status is.

According to OWB color settings, grey indicates "task lock for scheduling? -> yes".

I've used same OWB to open projects from other environments.. and I don't have that issue.

Not sure why OWB thinks tasks are locked. I made sure:

++ sercurity.logs is empty

++ tables empty: PRJ_tentative_projects and PRJ_tentative_tasks

++ Task is not Lock in Clarity UI before launching it..

Not sure what else needs to be checked. Any idea?

• 2.  Re: OWB - Gantt bars always "grey" color

Posted Aug 25, 2014 11:26 AM

Is that  a Windows color schema or theme issue or custom highlights issue?

• 3.  Re: OWB - Gantt bars always "grey" color

Posted Aug 25, 2014 01:33 PM

Reading it again

"I've used same OWB to open projects from other environments.. and I don't have that issue."

rules out user and workstation settings including installation and schedule connect.

• 4.  Re: OWB - Gantt bars always "grey" color

Posted Aug 26, 2014 04:49 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

thanks for the reply.. although I don't understand your feedback. See attached screenshots with issue.

Not sure why OWB thinks tasks are locked. I made sure:

++ sercurity.logs is empty

++ tables empty: PRJ_tentative_projects and PRJ_tentative_tasks

++ Task is not Lock in Clarity UI before launching it..

++ checked column "locked" in task list.. tasks are not locked either

• 5.  Re: OWB - Gantt bars always "grey" color

Posted Aug 26, 2014 05:08 AM

If you do not get it with projects from other environments that means that your PC is OK for the OWB and Windows settings with your login including the highlight. so the problem is not there.

See the other thread for the next answer.

• 6.  Re: OWB - Gantt bars always "grey" color

Posted Aug 26, 2014 05:10 AM

Not sure why OWB reads from Clarity DB that those tasks are locked for scheduling...

It just happens with that environment.. so it's either a clarity setting or data in tables

• 7.  Re: OWB - Gantt bars always "grey" color

Posted Aug 26, 2014 05:20 AM

Can't think of a Clarity setting, but did you query for the prtask.prislocked from that environment to establish if the tasks are locked.

If they are then it could be the default on that attribute, though I cannot think why or how.

• 8.  Re: OWB - Gantt bars always "grey" color

Posted Aug 26, 2014 05:49 AM

I just checked the table... no locks for projects I've been using to test...

• 9.  Re: OWB - Gantt bars always "grey" color

Posted Aug 26, 2014 06:42 AM

Actually I don't think it is related to the project or database locks.

I you do not want to query the prtask table for the value of prislocked field there is another way to test it:

Put the Lock for scheduling field in a view, see the values when you have loaded a project into OWB.

If they are locked change the value and save back to Clarity.

Reopen and see if the values remain.

The Highlight is for Locked for Scheduling , not for project locked or for any other db lock.

• 10.  Re: OWB - Gantt bars always "grey" color

Posted Aug 26, 2014 08:37 AM

Put the Lock for scheduling field in a view, see the values when you have loaded a project into OWB. -> done.. still all grey

If they are locked change the value and save back to Clarity. -> done

Reopen and see if the values remain. -> done .. still are grey

• 11.  Re: OWB - Gantt bars always "grey" color

Posted Aug 26, 2014 10:20 AM

That makes me even more curious to learn the values of the prtask.prislocked.

An option is to put the field in the task list view and see if it is Yes (Yellow checkmark) or No (blank)

That exercise would tell if the tasks are locked in the database or if they are manipulated when the project is opened in OWB..

Another exercise  is to put the trace on and to create a new project with tasks to see what attributes are set for the task and what are their values.

• 12.  Re: OWB - Gantt bars always "grey" color
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 26, 2014 10:26 AM

Is the task status completed ? 'cause even if the % complete field is 100%, it will show grey

Can you check and confirm ?

NJ

• 13.  Re: OWB - Gantt bars always "grey" color

Posted Aug 26, 2014 10:42 AM

Dummy me.. I think you are right. I've changed manually 1 task 100% to 0%.. and now bar is purpule.. so I guess mistery is solved

many thanks to all for the help

• 14.  Re: OWB - Gantt bars always "grey" color

Posted Aug 26, 2014 03:53 PM

"Put the Lock for scheduling field in a view, see the values when you have loaded a project into OWB. -> done.. still all grey"

is a hint that the highlight is no from the tasks being locked for scheduling.