AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
  • 1.  I am attempting to setup a job to run an updating sql script.  Has anyone done this before?

Posted Aug 29, 2018 09:37 AM

Has anyone ever setup a sql script to run in Applications Manager?  

• 2.  Re: I am attempting to setup a job to run an updating sql script.  Has anyone done this before?

Posted Aug 29, 2018 11:15 AM

Yes. We do all the time. First thing you want to do besides having an agent, is to create a login object. After you have created your script and placed it in your library, create the job with the AWSQLP program type. On the Execution Options tab, make your Primary Login ID the login object you created.

• 3.  Re: I am attempting to setup a job to run an updating sql script.  Has anyone done this before?

Posted Aug 29, 2018 03:15 PM

Thank you for the response.  This gave me a start.  However, I am getting a message when I run the job that the "output file does not exist".  I specified in my library where the file is located and the path seems to be correct.  I used both a local and networked path but it won't budge.  Any additional insight would be helpful.

• 4.  Re: I am attempting to setup a job to run an updating sql script.  Has anyone done this before?
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 29, 2018 03:23 PM

Check your file permissions. rwx and owner/group.  

• 5.  Re: I am attempting to setup a job to run an updating sql script.  Has anyone done this before?

Posted Aug 30, 2018 01:08 PM

Thank you, the information you provided was very helpful.

• 6.  Re: I am attempting to setup a job to run an updating sql script.  Has anyone done this before?

Posted Sep 12, 2018 12:44 AM

Greetings,

I used the AWSQLP program type and this SQL format to update a production

table we used in generating an internally developed fee. Pretty straight forward

but let me know if you have any questions.

Clifford Dawkins

UpdatingSqlScriptRunInBatch

• 7.  Re: I am attempting to setup a job to run an updating sql script.  Has anyone done this before?

Posted Sep 13, 2018 10:39 AM

Thanks Clifford.  I will review this and see if it fits what we are attempting to do.