DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  UIM 8.2-CR1 Policy Based Monitoring

Posted Apr 14, 2015 06:02 PM

What happened to the wiki access to the UIM 8.2-CR1 documentation?  Suddenly I am getting an access denoied trying to access when it was available earlier.  Also, I performed the download and updated the probes as described in the documentation but when I access the Policy editor I do not see a Templates tab that is described.  I have verified all the prereq's are installed - so what's up?

• 2.  Re: UIM 8.2-CR1 Policy Based Monitoring

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 14, 2015 08:54 PM

I just checked the UIM 8.2-CR1 Policy Based Monitoring release notes and they were available at the following link:  https://wiki.ca.com/display/UIM82/CA+UIM+v8.2-CR1+Release+Notes

Try clearing your browser cache before accessing the PolicyEditor portlet.  This should resolve the problem with the missing Template tab.

• 3.  Re: UIM 8.2-CR1 Policy Based Monitoring

Posted Apr 15, 2015 09:02 AM

I get No Permission error accessing:

Page level restrictions have been applied to a parent of the current page. These restrictions limit access to certain users or groups and apply to all pages underneath the parent.

• 4.  Re: UIM 8.2-CR1 Policy Based Monitoring

Posted Apr 15, 2015 09:06 AM

Clearing the browser cache did the trick with viewing the template tab in Policy Editor.  Thanks.

• 5.  Re: UIM 8.2-CR1 Policy Based Monitoring

Posted Apr 15, 2015 09:37 AM

Opening Template Editor, it just keeps loading but never opens the Template Editor in Admin Console

• 6.  Re: UIM 8.2-CR1 Policy Based Monitoring
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 16, 2015 12:13 AM

I believe the access was removed when they decided not to include PBM in 8.2. I was also referred to this document prior to the release.