DX NetOps

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

how to enable or disable the alarms of severity types and alarms in the VNM model general information tab.

• 1.  how to enable or disable the alarms of severity types and alarms in the VNM model general information tab.

Posted Jan 11, 2018 02:42 AM

Hi,

I have gone through the ca spectrum documentation of how to enable or disable the alarms of severity types I have tried to do this but I have not found the alarms in the VNM model general information tab in my environment please find the below screen shots for your reference. please provide the detailed procedure with screen shots how to enable or disable the alarms of severity types and alarms in the VNM model general information tab.

Thanks

Aditya

• 2.  Re: how to enable or disable the alarms of severity types and alarms in the VNM model general information tab.

Posted Jan 11, 2018 07:07 AM

Hi Aditya,

I hope you might tried to edit the alarm cause through tools->utilities->event configuration by searching alarm id or alarm type. Once the event is modified with either event message or event title or severity you need to update and save events from VNM model to get changes effective.

Expand spectro-server universe tab and select VNM Model and navigate to component detail->SpectroServer control  and click on update event configuration so that the made changes will be updated for that specific spectro-server VNM Model.

Open Spectrum URL in browser and navigate to administrator tab, to to left side select update events and alarm files followed by clicking reload tab so the changed events get effective.

Regards,

Vishnu Prasad

• 3.  Re: how to enable or disable the alarms of severity types and alarms in the VNM model general information tab.
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 11, 2018 07:09 AM

Hi,

Let's be sure I understand what you require properly: you want to totally disable some kind of alarms? If that's a yes, you cannot do that from that tab. You have to go in the Event Configuration Editor (you can find that in Tools > Event Configuration Editor) and find the event generating the alarm you want to disable. Once identified, you have to change the severity of that alarm to "None" so it's not generated.

Does that sound ok to you?

EDIT: seems I was a bit too slow to type, an answer has been posted while I was typing this!