Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Convert Normal VSE to Performance VSE

Posted Sep 28, 2017 03:40 AM

Hello All,

Can some advise how this cab be achieved or it is depend on licence?

I am not able to increase capacity as it is coming disabled for 10.1 Do I need to modify any file in lisa workstation or what is the possible way?

Please advice.

Cheers..

Shivam Garg

• 2.  Re: Convert Normal VSE to Performance VSE

Posted Sep 28, 2017 08:34 AM

This is easily enabled, but is a chargeable option - be aware that the usage of VSE's in performance mode is tracked.

Please contact your account manager to ascertain if this is an option you have purchased - if so then the product documentaiton contains instructions on enabling the performance mode.

If you are still having difficulties then please contact CA Product Support who will be able to provide guidance.

• 3.  Re: Convert Normal VSE to Performance VSE

Posted Sep 28, 2017 08:41 AM

Yes. I checked with Steven Howe. He asked me to raise Support case as we are already holding performance VSE licence. So on back of support case , I am going to get , I believe.

Also asked about guidance.

Cheers..

• 4.  Re: Convert Normal VSE to Performance VSE
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 28, 2017 08:57 AM

Information available at 

SV Installation and Configuration - DevTest Solutions - 10.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

1. To change to CA Service Virtualization for Performance mode, perform one of the following actions:

• In local.properties, set lisa.vse.performance.enabled=true.
      • Issue the VSEManager command --performance on.
      If you do not enable performance mode, you can only have a concurrent capacity of 1 when you deploy the virtual service and you are limited to 1 transaction every 100 milliseconds, per VSE.

• 5.  Re: Convert Normal VSE to Performance VSE

Posted Sep 28, 2017 09:28 AM

I have setup in property in local.properties file and restarted workstation still it is 1. Capacity field is disable during deploying services.

Also I am able to see VSEManager.exe file and VSEManager.vmoption file. Not sure how to issue this command.

Any suggestion please.

Cheers..

• 6.  Re: Convert Normal VSE to Performance VSE

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 28, 2017 09:38 AM

The setting needs to be done on the local.properties being used by VSE & the VSE process restarted.

• 7.  Re: Convert Normal VSE to Performance VSE

Posted Sep 28, 2017 09:43 AM

Thanks. we can now change capacity value.