Symantec IGA

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

I have upgraded vApp 14.1 -> 14.3 - Role provisioning but endpoint now provisioning

• 1.  I have upgraded vApp 14.1 -> 14.3 - Role provisioning but endpoint now provisioning

Posted Nov 29, 2020 10:59 AM
    I have upgraded vApp 14.1 -> 14.3 and all IM components.

Issue: On user creation, Role is getting provisioned but endpoint now provisioning also request in VST are showing completed not even trying create account.  Even when I try to add the role manually to the newly created Ids after upgrade, it is still same.

But when I tried to provisioning role and account on old ID, endpoint role and account is getting provisioned

1 thing is I have not run /opt/CA/VirtualAppliance/scripts/restoreImOOTBFiles.sh  which CA recommends and did show a message after upgrade. But I do not think this is the reason of this scenario.

Any idea  if this command: restoreImOOTBFiles   can be executed even after applying CP2 patch ? what is the functionality of this command ? Do this really required to run after upgrade?

I'm in production env upgrade, please help me with your expertise if any one can with any point that you are aware of.

Thanks,
    Tanu Goyal

• 2.  RE: I have upgraded vApp 14.1 -> 14.3 - Role provisioning but endpoint now provisioning

Posted Nov 29, 2020 11:33 AM
    For old IDs it creates and remove account and also generate logs in provisioning Manager (etarans) logs. 

But when I modify OLD IDs it do not send any request to target application and also it does generate logs on provisioning server.

Is this something related to connector xpress upgrade / any configuration problem?