DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  urlgroups with REST-style URLs

Posted Mar 21, 2013 12:27 PM
    Hi all,

I've written some urlgroups for an app that has now started to use REST-style URLs. Specifically, they're using the Backbone Javascript framework. They have URLs that look like this:

/<app>/<servlet>/client/<client id>/account/<account id>

In my example, client id and account id are different for almost every request. I had been grouping like this:

{path_delimited:/:4:8}

This was fine until they started putting the identifiers in the URL itself. Not it looks like this:

/client/123
    /client/456

Is it possible to call out non-contiguous parts of the path in my urlgroup? That is, can I make this show in the metric tree under something like this:

/client/account

Or is there another way to deal with this? We're using Introscope 8.0 but are upgrading to 9.1 next month.

thanks

John

• 2.  RE: urlgroups with REST-style URLs

Posted Apr 01, 2013 04:40 PM
    Hello Community:

Any suggestions for John?

Thanks!
    Mary

• 3.  RE: urlgroups with REST-style URLs
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 09, 2013 06:07 PM
    It appears a workable solution is to use multiple path_delimited statements, like this:

introscope.agent.urlgroup.keys=new,old,default
    introscope.agent.urlgroup.group.default.pathprefix=*
    introscope.agent.urlgroup.group.default.format=Default
    introscope.agent.urlgroup.group.old.pathprefix=/App
    introscope.agent.urlgroup.group.old.format={path_delimited:/:4:8}
    introscope.agent.urlgroup.group.new.pathprefix=/App/whatever
    introscope.agent.urlgroup.group.new.format={path_delimited:/:6:7}/{path_delimited:/:10:11}

This presumes that the developers will segregate their old-style URLs and new-style URLs under separate paths, so I can have separate path prefixes.