DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

20.3 OC Alarms View "ServiceNow Ticket ID: Create Ticket"

• 1.  20.3 OC Alarms View "ServiceNow Ticket ID: Create Ticket"

Posted Oct 21, 2020 01:49 PM
    In the OC Alarms View there is a ServiceNow Ticket ID: section with a button next to it that says "Create Ticket"

How can than button be removed or the whole or changed to Service Desk?

Intuition to a user that desires a ticket says to click that if they see it.  Secondly we do not have ServiceNow at this time.  It would be better to be removed, out of sight out of mind, less questions/concerns sent to the admins.  We currently generate tickets from Spectrum console.

• 2.  RE: 20.3 OC Alarms View "ServiceNow Ticket ID: Create Ticket"

Posted Oct 21, 2020 03:39 PM
    Not seeing in my 20.3 lab, provide an image.

------------------------------
    Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: 20.3 OC Alarms View "ServiceNow Ticket ID: Create Ticket"

Posted Oct 22, 2020 02:37 AM
    I must agree with Christopher. I saw this and also wondered about how to remove it?

Chris

• 4.  RE: 20.3 OC Alarms View "ServiceNow Ticket ID: Create Ticket"

Posted Oct 22, 2020 05:54 AM
    We saw this and would like to change it to use ITSM (another broadcom/ca product) instead of SNow?

Knows a little about UIM/DXim, AE, Automic

• 5.  RE: 20.3 OC Alarms View "ServiceNow Ticket ID: Create Ticket"

Posted Oct 22, 2020 05:58 AM
    Just to be clear I like the idea, as Christopher originally commented but we need to know how to configure it to use different webservices and have different labels

• 6.  RE: 20.3 OC Alarms View "ServiceNow Ticket ID: Create Ticket"

Posted Oct 22, 2020 07:55 AM
    Exactly, thats the ideal solution and the way it should work.  If it does not exist yet then disabling/removing would hopefully be doable in the mean time.

• 7.  RE: 20.3 OC Alarms View "ServiceNow Ticket ID: Create Ticket"

Posted Oct 22, 2020 07:53 AM

• 8.  RE: 20.3 OC Alarms View "ServiceNow Ticket ID: Create Ticket"

Posted Oct 22, 2020 08:41 AM
    OK, it's when clicking to show alarm details it shows up. Don't see a way to disable it or reconfigure it. There is a Service Desk ACL but it is not related to this. 

It's a very good idea to have it configurable so please post it in the Ideation section. 

This would be a type of override since the ticket creation process is happening at the primary hub via the gateway probe. Guess the idea is for the case where the initial alarm didn't fit the criteria and after investigation it was determined it should go to the other team, and so the option is there.  Based on feedback heard during presentations the demand is high for ServiceNow.

Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 9.  RE: 20.3 OC Alarms View "ServiceNow Ticket ID: Create Ticket"

Posted Oct 22, 2020 09:47 AM
    Edited by Christopher Duryea Oct 22, 2020 10:03 AM
    Thanks David, maybe someone else knows for sure if it can be disabled or not or better yet what the rumored patch will address in terms of this topic.

Yes its existence is good, even though we pass our alarms to Spectrum for escalation by another team, there are many alarms that remain in UIM such as non-production or minor and lower severity alarms that someone may want a ticket easily generated on the fly from. 

I agree the chatter in the industry indicates a demand for ServiceNow but I would caution the PM's that narrowing the focus to one service desk type product would be very short sighted and limiting to customers.  I understand it would not be practical to build an interface for all that exist, but maybe the top 3 to 5 in the Gartner quadrant.  (Heck at the very least Broadcom's own Service Desk Manager should be an option.)  Better yet would be to provide some sort of API based mapping interface that customers could build their own integrations.

I'll wait a little bit longer to see if anyone comes back with additional insight and if not, I'll post a write up in the ideas section.

• 10.  RE: 20.3 OC Alarms View "ServiceNow Ticket ID: Create Ticket"

Posted Oct 22, 2020 08:42 AM
    I heard a rumor its identified as a defect and should be resolved in the next patch. 

No further details still on how that will be resolved or if it can currently be disabled/removed.

Maybe someone can chime in with better insight.

• 11.  RE: 20.3 OC Alarms View "ServiceNow Ticket ID: Create Ticket"

Posted Oct 26, 2020 11:54 PM
    Agree that this needs to be classed as a BUG and removed asap. Not every implementation of UIM will generate a ticket via Alarms console; and if the button is there, users will tend to click on it even though there may be nothing happening in the background.
    We do a lot of event correlation externally before logging tickets to our ITSM tools so we don't want to generate tickets out of the alarms console ever.

• 12.  RE: 20.3 OC Alarms View "ServiceNow Ticket ID: Create Ticket"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 27, 2020 11:55 AM
    I was told by PM that it is listed at a defect and will be fixing this in the patch coming out in Mid November..

Solution Engineer - AIOps
    Broadcom

• 13.  RE: 20.3 OC Alarms View "ServiceNow Ticket ID: Create Ticket"

Posted Feb 02, 2021 08:59 PM
    We have SNOW integration and want the button but since we're running all the latest hotfixes - we can't seem to get it back.

• 14.  RE: 20.3 OC Alarms View "ServiceNow Ticket ID: Create Ticket"

Posted Feb 03, 2021 04:00 AM
    Like Steve we are running all the latest hotfixes and still no change.  In our case we want the integration towards ITSM and the ability to determine (via rules for eample) if the button is visible/active for a specific alarm.