DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Command line for billing probe to fetch the Nimsoft license used for a month

Posted Nov 11, 2016 04:24 AM

Hi Folks,

I used to fetch the Nimsoft license every month by running billing probe and executing the selected start date and end date or there are already available report monthly wise. I was thinking to automate it and for that i need a command line to execute so that i can schedule it on every month and can email the results. Help required on how to proceed.

Thanks

Ankur

• 2.  Re: Command line for billing probe to fetch the Nimsoft license used for a month

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 11, 2016 08:23 AM

Dear Ankur,

I am not aware of any command line options to automate the billing probe, but there are ways to automate the probe:

Set Up Automated Usage Metering and Billing - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentatio… 

However, given your question I am not sure if the goal is to send this to CA or to someone at your site.

Kind Regards,

Martin Fink

CA Tech Support

• 3.  Re: Command line for billing probe to fetch the Nimsoft license used for a month

Posted Nov 11, 2016 08:32 AM

We are doing the same thing via LUA then I call nsa.exe using our scheduling tool called Automic. You can use the probe's callbacks to do what you want, including the email.

• 4.  Re: Command line for billing probe to fetch the Nimsoft license used for a month

Posted May 29, 2017 05:33 AM

Hi Guys,

I have configured billing probe in our environment however I believe that it is not calculating the data properly.

Is there any way to find out which probe is part of application pack and which one are part of server pack license?

I believe that CDM, processes, net_connect, ntevl are part of basic server pack.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Imran Khan