Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA PAM integration with SSO

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 04, 2017 05:02 AM

Hello Everyone,

I have got a setup of CA Single Sign-On and now I am trying to integrate CA Privileged Access Manager with the SSO. I have tried the steps given in the PAM Documents for the integration by creating "Application" at SSO end. However it is not working. First thing that I am confused about is that the resource needs to be "Unprotected" at SSO end as per the documentation. Then how would the user get the login page.

I have tried protecting it as well but still nothing happened.

Then I tried protecting PAM by creating Domain Objects (Domain, Rules, Realm, etc) and after that when I access the https://pamdns/index.php it is redirecting the User to the Login Page on the browser I can see that, however I am getting a 500 Internal server error.

I have checked the logs in CA PAM but no luck. Can anyone help me with some detailed steps for this integration?

Regards,

Suvajit Das

• 2.  Re: CA PAM integration with SSO
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 05, 2017 12:23 AM

Hi Suvajit,

To initiate Single Sign-On from PAM, click on the 'Single Sign-On' button when you get the PAM login prompt:

Java Applet will launch and you will be prompt to login from pamlogin.fcc:

If the Federation login failed, ensure that you are connecting using PAM FQDN, check the logs from both ends and run a Test from Config >> Security:

• 3.  Re: CA PAM integration with SSO

Posted Apr 07, 2017 02:18 AM

My apologies, I have jumped the gun earlier, presuming that you are using CA SSO as identity authentication to CA PAM.

Looks like the confusion is with the following step:

In the Default Resource Protection field, select Unprotected.

It should be ‘Protected’ (default settings).

• 4.  Re: CA PAM integration with SSO

Posted Apr 07, 2017 11:12 AM

I have corrected the documentation in source. The public doc will be updated shortly. Sorry for the misinformation!

• 5.  Re: CA PAM integration with SSO

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 10, 2017 01:39 AM

Thank you Tim for the correction. Also please include some information with the screen shots if possible.

Cheers

• 6.  Re: CA PAM integration with SSO

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 10, 2017 01:45 AM

Hello Wong,

First of all thank you for the information.

I see the problem now. When I open my PAM Client, I actually don't see the SSO option only. Do you have any idea is I am missing some configurations?

However in the SSO configuration I see the SSO is enabled. Bit confused why I am not able to see the SSO option. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the client.

I have inserted the images for your quick reference.PAM Client with no SSO Option

PAM SSO Configurations

Cheers,

Suvajit

• 7.  Re: CA PAM integration with SSO

Posted Apr 10, 2017 02:18 AM

Hi Suvajit,

There are two areas which CA SSO can be involved (three if you include using CA SSO as Radius Server):

• [relate to the Single Sign-On button in login screen] Use CA SSO as identity authentication to CA PAM – which requires configuring CA PAM as RP (Config >> Xsuite SAML RP Configuration) and CA SSO as IdP
    • [the use case you have before] Use CA SSO to protect specific PAM resource – illustrated in CA PAM integration with SSO

• 8.  Re: CA PAM integration with SSO

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 10, 2017 06:31 AM

Hello Wong,

I would request you to please share some document if possible for the step by step configurations. I am kind of stuck.

Regards,

Suvajit

• 9.  Re: CA PAM integration with SSO