Release Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Is it possible to export the "deployment overview" report in RA via rest api?

• 1.  Is it possible to export the "deployment overview" report in RA via rest api?

Posted Sep 24, 2018 09:53 AM

I have to create a refined report out of the "deployment overview report" in RA.

Is it possible to export this report via a rest api?

• 2.  Re: Is it possible to export the "deployment overview" report in RA via rest api?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 24, 2018 11:06 AM

• 3.  Re: Is it possible to export the "deployment overview" report in RA via rest api?

Posted Sep 24, 2018 11:29 AM

Is this the link to the api for reporting?

I do not find any such api in the rest api swagger documentation.

The rest api swagger link navigates me to https://<server name>:8443/datamanagement/apis/public.html

If I change the url to https://<server name>:8443/datamanagement/a/reports/pipeline/projects  page not found error.

• 4.  Re: Is it possible to export the "deployment overview" report in RA via rest api?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 24, 2018 11:34 AM

Which tool are you using to test the api?

• 5.  Re: Is it possible to export the "deployment overview" report in RA via rest api?

Posted Sep 25, 2018 03:21 AM

I am trying to find this api in the ROC -->Help--> Rest api(swagger)

• 6.  Re: Is it possible to export the "deployment overview" report in RA via rest api?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 25, 2018 09:25 AM

No, I am asking how are you executing the REST API which is giving 404 error?

• 7.  Re: Is it possible to export the "deployment overview" report in RA via rest api?

Posted Sep 25, 2018 09:34 AM

I do not execute the rest api yet.

I am trying to find the swagger documentation for this api, so that I can try it out.

• 8.  Re: Is it possible to export the "deployment overview" report in RA via rest api?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 25, 2018 09:47 AM

• 9.  Re: Is it possible to export the "deployment overview" report in RA via rest api?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 25, 2018 09:48 AM

You would have to login to ROC first and then hit the url.

• 10.  Re: Is it possible to export the "deployment overview" report in RA via rest api?

Posted Sep 26, 2018 10:10 AM

I'm a collegue of Saurabh. In the reporting section in the swagger we only see one rest-api: /reporting/V5/Test. There are no other reporting rest-api's visible. When I login to RA and execute the URL you provided, I get an json looking like this: {"list":[]}

• 11.  Re: Is it possible to export the "deployment overview" report in RA via rest api?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 26, 2018 12:07 PM

Hi Dirk, You will have to add projects manually to the Deployment Pipeline overview and post that you will the data.

• 12.  Re: Is it possible to export the "deployment overview" report in RA via rest api?

Posted Sep 27, 2018 04:30 AM

Okee, so that got me indeed data in that report. So already thanks for that. But it's not the one we want. On the dashboard screen you have the possibility to add several reports, one of them is the deployment overview report. It's that one we need. So if there's a rest-api for that one, we will be very happy.

If not, we can create it ourself through different rest-api calls, but as said, it would be easier with only one call .

here is a screen shot of the deployment overview report:

screenshot deployment overview report

• 13.  Re: Is it possible to export the "deployment overview" report in RA via rest api?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 27, 2018 10:09 AM

Ok, try below api:

<server>/datamanagement/a/reports/releasesReports?fromIndex=0&toIndex=50&reportType=ALL&advanced=RELEASE_DATE~-1_-1_604800000&advanced=RELEASE_STATE~CANCELED&advanced=RELEASE_STATE~FAILED&advanced=RELEASE_STATE~FINISHED&