Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Integrating ASP .NET Web Application with CA Single Sign On (Site Minder).

Posted May 09, 2016 08:57 PM

Hi All,

I would like to know , how to integrate asp .NET 4.0 web application (installed on IIS Server Version 8.5) with Siteminder (CA Single Sign On).

Any documents or articles on this or anybody has tried this in past?

Thanks and Regards,

Dushyant Dhavan

• 2.  Re: Integrating ASP .NET Web Application with CA Single Sign On (Site Minder).
    Best Answer

Posted May 10, 2016 01:57 AM

Hi Dushyant,

At high level , here are the steps that you will need to follow to integrate ASP.NET application with CA SiteMinder.

1. Install and configure SiteMinder Web Agent for IIS Web Server.

2. Protect ASP.NET resource using  SiteMInder

3. The SiteMinder Web Agent sends several default SiteMinder HTTP headers with information about the authenticated user, generates an encrypted SMSESSION cookie and redirects the request to the original target URL.

The full list of default SiteMinder HTTP header can be refrred here :

https://docops.ca.com/ca-single-sign-on-12-52-sp1/en/configuring/web-agent-configuration/web-application-protection/defa…

4. Once the request reaches ASP.NET module, a custom script would be needed to extract the userid (and any other information that your application is interested in ) from the SiteMinder headers for further processing and validation.

You can refer to some of the following thread for further reference :

Please let me me know if you need any further clarifications.

Cheers,

Ujwol Shrestha

Ujwol's Single Sign-On Blog

• 3.  RE: Re: Integrating ASP .NET Web Application with CA Single Sign On (Site Minder).

Posted Apr 22, 2020 09:06 AM

Hello Team,

We are migrating our Client's OnPremises Sitecore CMS Based Application to Sitecore CMS 9.3 on Cloud (Sitecore Azure).

Sitecore 9.3 supports ASP.NET Identity Service features and all Standards e.g. OAuth, OpenID etc.

Earlier Client has been using SiteMinder's ISAPI Filter (As mentioned here).
    Azure PaaS won't support ISAPI filter.

Anyone has already solved this puzzle?