DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Performance tab Utilization

Posted May 26, 2017 06:40 AM

Hello All,Performance tab screenshot

Good day and trust work is going on smooth.

Please I need a clarification on the performance tab on our One click console. We discovered the performance tab only shows performance for just approx 65seconds.

Is there a way we can make the tab editable in such a way that we can check performance report for a specified period, i.e like a week report or hours?

I hope someone might have gotten this resolved or have same challenge as we are facing here.

We will appreciate suggestions and comments that would help in achieving this goal.

Thanks and Regards,

Amosu

• 2.  Re: Performance tab Utilization

Posted May 26, 2017 08:15 AM

The performance tab only collects data from the device only when it's opened/focused, it doesn't automatically collect and store the performance data in Spectrum. It's meant for displaying in real time various performance indicators, not for long-time reporting and aggregation.

• 3.  Re: Performance tab Utilization
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 28, 2017 08:48 PM

Hi Amosu,

CA Spectrum is mainly for fault monitoring and management and as such, performance monitoring aspects such as the Performance tab are only transient displays (i.e. it doesn't store the data to build up a historical picture of performance).

For this, you would need CA eHealth (6.3.3.01 is the latest) or CA Performance Manager (CAPM, 3.1 is the latest). CA eHealth is being superseded by CAPM which is more scalable, however, both are Performance monitoring tools which can be integrated with CA Spectrum to build a comprehensive picture of the network from both fault and performance perspectives.