Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  How to XOG Data for a Lookup

Posted May 31, 2011 02:32 PM
    Hi All,
    I am trying to xog data from the company browse lookup from Test env. to my Dev env. I was able to create some test lookups based on the company browse lookup by using XOG (used the content_Pack_read), pretty cool, but now I am going blank in how i can export my 412 items in the lookup from test to dev.

If i use the Object Read doesn't that pull everything? Attributes and Lookups? I don't want to do that. Right? I just want the lookup data. I guess i am trying to break this apart a little. Not sure what write file i need to use otherwise.

Any help or direction is as always appreciated.

Thank you

• 2.  RE: How to XOG Data for a Lookup
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 01, 2011 02:59 AM
    I don't know if i understood the requirement correctly.
    If you want to xog the object with the dependency, please include.

<args name="singleContentType" value="object" />
    <args name="no_dependencies" value="false" />

In the object read.

If only lookup needs to be uploaded then content_pack_read is good enough.

Please note in case of static lookup only the values in the lookup can be transferred from one environment to other.
    In case of dynamic the data will not be transfered but only the query.
    And values in the dynamic lookup will depend on the data in new environment.

• 3.  RE: How to XOG Data for a Lookup

Posted Jun 01, 2011 09:44 AM
    Thank you for getting back to me mansriva.

My requirement is to transfer the 412 records in the lookup to from test to dev without re-entering those values.
    So right, i am working with a dynamic lookup and when i use the content pack read, i only get the lookup shell (query as you said) and not the data.

So, It is not possible and i just have to re-enter these values?

Also, then i must use the whole object read file to capture the lookup (dependency) and data?

Thank you in advance.

• 4.  RE: How to XOG Data for a Lookup

Posted Jun 01, 2011 09:55 AM
    Using the Object read file will not be getting the data for you.
    It will just take the dependent lookups.
    What kind of data are you expecting in the lookup.
    If it is the object then you can use the object_instance_read and xog in the other env.
    If some staging table is used in the lookup query then simple DML can transfer the data from one to another environment.

Let me know if you have achieved it.

• 5.  RE: How to XOG Data for a Lookup

Posted Jun 01, 2011 10:05 AM
    Oh ok i think I understand, and please correct me if i'm wrong.
    So the data is in srm_companies table. So my options would be to to use Insert/Update at the database level to capture the data.

• 6.  RE: How to XOG Data for a Lookup

Posted Jun 01, 2011 10:18 AM
    So your company data is not in the destination environment then? Have you looked at using the XOG files biz_companies_write.xml and biz_companies_read.xml to get the data in there?

Owen

• 7.  RE: How to XOG Data for a Lookup

Posted Jun 02, 2011 03:27 AM
    Hi,
    As suggested by OWEAR_R, use biz_companies_read.xml to read the companies from one environment and wrire in other using XOG.
    This will resolve your issue.

• 8.  RE: How to XOG Data for a Lookup

Posted Jun 02, 2011 01:27 PM
    Thank you both. That worked great.